BOROCHAT

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Alex Revell - convince me... by RockyBottomToday 19:35Today at 19:35:38view thread

Oldest article: Barnsley by RockyBottom13/1 19:48Sat Jan 13 19:48:47 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: PW's Manager Tick List by Telboy23/4 13:10Tue Apr 23 13:10:27 2024view thread

Players Sponsorship and incentives

By bcb199422/4 16:08Mon Apr 22 16:08:16 2024

Views: 849

I?m hearing on Twitter that some people never got the signed shirt they were promised and an end of season meet and greet with the players albeit it seems now you have to be an SA member for that.

So what you getting for £350? In sponsoring a player? Your name on a graphic when the player sponsors scores? Pretty embarrassing by the club really.

Phil Wallace and the club as a whole I?d argue have taken loyal supporters for granted for too long because they know they?ll never leave. I know football for chairman is a business. But this is embarrassing. Give fans what they were promised.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives

By Pete (PeteH)22/4 20:36Mon Apr 22 20:36:15 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 500

Let me be clear on this as BoroGuide is implicated.

I did not get a signed Jamie Reid shirt last season. I communicated this to Mr Hoskins at the club and he did reply to me - though nothing came of it because I didn't want to kick up a fuss. It left a sour taste, but we're all better than a signed shirt so moved on.

It is, however, somewhat disappointing that season ticket holders and player sponsors may be excluded from end of season festivities. I'm not having the club being lambasted for my own minor grievance with them as that's my issue and no-one else's.

By worrier22/4 21:03Mon Apr 22 21:03:54 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 457

shirts didnt happen as Clive Abrey was leaving and there was a gap of david hoskins taking over, so i think it got forgotten

By Pete (PeteH)22/4 21:20Mon Apr 22 21:20:35 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 441

Agree and that's the convo I had with Mr Hoskins.

No fault on his part at all.

Sometimes, however, you do feel as if you don't get much shrift with the club unless you're mates.

I am also a whining bastard.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Chuds22/4 21:28Mon Apr 22 21:28:25 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 444

With some players it might be harder, but for players we still have, and if you had the same player last season as this season, I am surprised one wasn't provided for you during the course of this season to cover last season as surely easy to sort? Unless I suppose the thought is simply that you will get it at the end of this season so don't need two (if last season's shirt was not available and so you would end up with two of this - but they could always have given you one home and one away).

By Sev22/4 21:02Mon Apr 22 21:02:24 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 451

That's poor. I would be pursuing it as that's what you are owed. Doesn't have to be a big deal etc but certainly pen a letter of complaint/disappointment.

As a company they must have a procedure for complaints and I'm sure Phil wouldn't appreciate having to deal with such complaints, resulting in a kick up the arse for whoever needs it.

By Pete (PeteH)22/4 21:23Mon Apr 22 21:23:35 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 442

It was a clerical grey area. As Worrier says, Clive left and things slipped. Mr Hoskins came in and he couldn't know.

No point complaining because I don't want to.

I equally don't want to be the flag bearer for the original post. I'm happy with the club, I'm happy to be privileged to have sponsored Jamie Reid, and I'm happy the club have 350 notes from me because I can't otherwise attend games every week.

By Deano (deanos13)23/4 23:07Tue Apr 23 23:07:43 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 301

I hate to throw a spanner in the works but I got my Max Clark shirt last close season to present to one of my team. I think it was more by luck than judgement and it was purple...... Possible that I was in the right place at the right time

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))24/4 17:43Wed Apr 24 17:43:01 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 236

I?m alright Jack

By Sev22/4 21:25Mon Apr 22 21:25:30 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 424

And I'm happy Jamie Reid (sponsored by Boroguide) score 20+ goals.

By Chuds22/4 21:30Mon Apr 22 21:30:24 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 430

And also, surely nobody has done it purely for a shirt as you could sort that considerably cheaper via other means and £350 just for somebody's shirt would be mental.

By Sev22/4 22:30Mon Apr 22 22:30:20 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 399

Well that's true, but it's a nice token of appreciation, which when omitted can give you a lack of gratefulness feeling.

Get Pete his signed shirt campaign

By Owen B23/4 07:33Tue Apr 23 07:33:30 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 372

Starts here. Possibly...

Signed shirts

By worrier22/4 20:06Mon Apr 22 20:06:52 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 514

All sponsors will get their shirt shortly after the last game, that is official from the club

Re: Signed shirts

By Pete (PeteH)22/4 20:38Mon Apr 22 20:38:18 2024In response to Signed shirtsTop of thread

Views: 463

Official how? Not heard anything.

By worrier22/4 20:58Mon Apr 22 20:58:32 2024In response to Re: Signed shirtsTop of thread

Views: 460

was talking with David Hoskins (Comm Manager) and said the shirts will be available for collection just after the final game

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))23/4 11:29Tue Apr 23 11:29:29 2024In response to Re: Signed shirtsTop of thread

Views: 324

Sounds like he's a superb communicator

By Pete (PeteH)22/4 21:21Mon Apr 22 21:21:03 2024In response to Re: Signed shirtsTop of thread

Views: 433

Interesting. And what if I can't come to the game?

By worrier22/4 22:25Mon Apr 22 22:25:42 2024In response to Re: Signed shirtsTop of thread

Views: 388

let me know and i will collect it for you

By InvaderOfPitches122/4 17:57Mon Apr 22 17:57:36 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 563

Just a quick one mate, Do you sponsor a player?

By Paulio22/4 17:07Mon Apr 22 17:07:14 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 621

Borochat sponsored the manager the season we had 130 managers. Didn?t get anything. Couldn?t be bothered after that.

It?s a nice idea to give fans the opportunity to support a player and make them feel like they?ve got a connection.

I just think it?s not very well managed by the club.

Edited by Paulio at 17:08:26 on 22nd April 2024

4 people like this 4 people

By Sev22/4 17:04Mon Apr 22 17:04:25 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 613

When you say never got the signed shirt, the season isn't over yet, still one game to play. I thought it was given at the end of the season as it's normally a match worn shirt.

Not heard of an end of season meet and greet before, I know in a previous season it was a personalised video thank you message they received. But again the season hasn't ended yet.

There is always a chance something can go awry with these things and if that's the case the sensible thing to do is contact the club/person they dealt with when taking out the sponsorship and they would then resolve whatever the issue was for them.

Edited by Sev at 17:04:58 on 22nd April 2024

By bcb199422/4 17:11Mon Apr 22 17:11:02 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 591

I?ve heard some people didn?t get there?s from last season. Emailed the club and never heard back.

By Sev22/4 17:13Mon Apr 22 17:13:57 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 592

I'd blame Keef.

By Chuds22/4 16:54Mon Apr 22 16:54:40 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 619

I enjoy how you only ever come on here to moan and slag off the club about everything.

By bcb199422/4 17:21Mon Apr 22 17:21:11 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 582

I actually came on here to slag the FA off the other day about FA Cup replays? Not sure that has anything to the club. ?

Did I slate the club off or did I merely state it was wrong if some supporters weren?t given the shirt they were promised last season alongside having no access to the end of season awards if they aren?t an SA member. Should this not be challenged and questioned?

But please Mr Chudleigh carry on wearing the rose tinted glasses that this club is perfect.

By Sev22/4 17:29Mon Apr 22 17:29:20 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 576

It should have been made known from the offset that end of season awards organised and paid for by the SA are for SA members only. That could have avoided a lot of the uproar.

Ultimately we have a venue that holds 150 people so how do you accommodate 4000 people? They could do the actual awards on the pitch again but you'd still have an issue with any sort of "after party".

It is a shame but it's seems fair that the SA members have priority for what is an SA event. Only it should be advertised as a perk of membership going forwards. Might get a few more to become members.

Arguments that you are a season ticket holder or sponsor things etc don't really hold up, as irrelevant to an event organised I presume by the SA, not the club.

By bcb199422/4 17:37Mon Apr 22 17:37:04 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 570

Has it always been an SA event? Genuinely curious because it?s never been enforced previously.

By AgentEves26/4 03:29Fri Apr 26 03:29:42 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 135

Has it always been an SA event?

Presumably this means you've never been to the event... which makes me wonder why you'd be so pissed off that only SA members can attend.

Why do you care? Do you just not like being told you can't do something, irrespective of whether you actually want to do it?

By Chuds26/4 08:41Fri Apr 26 08:41:43 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 130

The SA has always organised, run and paid for (the awards themselves and they put on a buffet for everybody as well) the event, but this is the first time attendance has been limited.

Reason being that the season we stayed up when Evans first came in they were held in the 76 Lounge and it was insanely rammed in there with not everybody able to get in, and last season they were held on the pitch after the mass celebrations that went with the promotion. So makes every sense to try to handle the potential demand rather than a mass scramble, and also that as the SA run the event, that their member should get first dibs on tickets. I have absolutely no issues with that.

And as it turns out there are some spare tickets remaining, which are now available to anyone on a first come, first served basis from the club shop.

My sole issue, and I really am not fussed about it and have a lot of sympathy with the SA about this whole thing, is the lack of notice. So as I have said elsewhere, so long as going forward it is announced well in advance (SA should list it as one of the benefits when membership opens for next season) that it is a SA event and they will get priority, nobody can complain.

By AndyC26/4 10:57Fri Apr 26 10:57:19 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 124

I think its the 'and they get priority' rather than it being only SA members that is required.

There have been some seasons where its been 1 man and his dog in there for the end of season awards when it's been a poor season. No point saying its SA members only in August and come April we finish 19th and 6 people turn up as its SA members only.

In this instance, I think it's only because we have missed out on the play offs and the attendance will be down as a result that they've realised it might not be full

Edited by AndyC at 10:57:27 on 26th April 2024

By Chuds22/4 17:43Mon Apr 22 17:43:12 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 566

It has always been an SA event, sponsored by and run by the SA, but has not previously been limited as to who can attend (beyond a first come, first served situation where once the room is full more people cannot squeeze in) as historically not many people have given a shit.

It is therefore entirely fair that the SA would limit it to being their own members if capacity is likely to be an issue.

However, the lack of notice and that it has not previously been the case is why people seem to be moaning. So I would advise them try to accommodate it elsewhere this season (even just announcing and presenting the awards on the pitch before then having the players going for photos in the BHS and the buffet only being for members, non-members can lurk outside for photos and whatever) but make it widely known that from next season it is an SA event and without membership you cannot attend. That way nobody can moan next season as they will have had the whole season to join and if they didn't then it is their fault. And it may also boost SA numbers.

Edited by Chuds at 17:43:42 on 22nd April 2024

By HitchinBoro exCalling (HitchinBoro exCalling)22/4 17:45Mon Apr 22 17:45:02 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 549

Agree not the end of the world is it ,I am more worried about our new manager etc.

By Sev22/4 17:39Mon Apr 22 17:39:53 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 553

I believe so. Only SA members can vote and the awards are SA player of the year etc. And presented by SA people. Not sure why this year it's not a free for all. Maybe someone complained about not being able to get in previously?

By Paulio22/4 18:10Mon Apr 22 18:10:14 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 515

Don?t understand why anyone who isn?t an SA member would want to go and cheer on the SA awards anyways.

By Chuds22/4 17:28Mon Apr 22 17:28:13 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 568

Oh sorry, you also come on to complain and slate other things too, not just the club.

Most people contribute positives as well as negatives. Give it a try, it might cheer you up a bit.

By bcb199422/4 17:35Mon Apr 22 17:35:43 2024In response to Re: Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 559

My love for GW has been evident for years on this forum. A big positive. Medal Winner.

By RockyBottom22/4 16:12Mon Apr 22 16:12:21 2024In response to Players Sponsorship and incentives Top of thread

Views: 674

If that was in writing then I'm pretty sure the club will have to fulfil its side of the promise.

Previous thread: WATN #47493 banged up special by Balders24/4 10:08Wed Apr 24 10:08:31 2024view thread