BOROCHAT

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What on earth is a Bromley? by FreemoToday 21:12Today at 21:12:25view thread

Oldest article: Most hated men in football......... by samborough17/1 19:04Wed Jan 17 19:04:46 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FAO Data nerds by Balders15/4 13:24Mon Apr 15 13:24:08 2024view thread

Gone for a Burton

By Boroster13/4 22:29Sat Apr 13 22:29:44 2024

Views: 594

Our League one Play off berth!!!! Today lacked compassion, was sloppy and lethargic.
We had around 70% possession nearly all game. My guess is 65% of it was sideways or backward passes. When you need to win surely you try to be offensive not defensive. Afterall we were playing Burton ffs.
Not expecting any wholesale changes for next year. So, hence more of the same.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Gone for a Burton

By Nate15/4 09:30Mon Apr 15 09:30:20 2024In response to Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 312

It's all well and good saying that "when you need to win surely you try to be offensive" while complaining that the ball went sideways and backwards, but it doesn't really tell you anything about how the game played out, nor does it credit Burton for their game plan.

They've looked at our game vs other strugglers this season and seen that if they sit back and let us have the ball, then try to hit us on the break they're very likely to come away with a point at worst.

We moved the ball pretty well for most parts, but Burton sat 9 men behind the ball with just Mason Bennett staying forward (for the most part). We don't have the creativity wide to unlock teams sitting deep.

There was a lot of space centrally for us to exploit, but Reid, List and Pressley were often too slow dropping in to those areas to make use of it - we could have done with Jordan Roberts starting yesterday. He'd have caused havoc in those areas.

It highlighted issues in our squad, and I don't think Phil Wallace pumped in an extra £mil in to the club recently for the summer window to be quiet.

I'd expect a fuck ton of changes.

2 people like this 2 people

By BedsBoro (peanut)15/4 09:46Mon Apr 15 09:46:01 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 304

Agree with this - it's obviously easy to say in hindsight but they were always likely to sit in. Roberts, White and Freeman all would have been useful from the start today to add some extra creativity. Also don't think we needed to start with 3/5 at the back for the same reason, but I can understand why he didn't want to change much from Barnsley

1 person likes this 1 person

By Nate15/4 09:49Mon Apr 15 09:49:30 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 298

Couldn't believe we didn't make any changes (other than Sweeney, for obvious reasons). Pressley was blowing chunks at FT on Tuesday, he's not played enough to have started again.

Hindsight tho innit.

By Chuds15/4 10:34Mon Apr 15 10:34:35 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 305

Our entire group chat before the game were saying we expected changes for that exact reason, so not exactly hindsight.

That said, we had more great chances to score on Saturday than we have done for many games lately, but as usual wasted them. Could very well have won though so the comments about how bad we were surprised me somewhat. But guess they were made mostly out of immediate disappointment.

2 people like this 2 people

By Nate15/4 10:41Mon Apr 15 10:41:34 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 264

Pressley's inability to head a ball cost us points Saturday. I'm not remotely surprised he was pulled at HT.

By Freemo15/4 10:34Mon Apr 15 10:34:11 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 293

I was pleased we stuck with the winning team until about twenty minutes in when I realised we missed Robbo, who I didn't think deserved to start. The rest of the match I spent sulking about being wrong.

White coming on didn't make the difference I'd hoped it would.

1 person likes this 1 person

By BedsBoro (peanut)15/4 11:30Mon Apr 15 11:30:10 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 231

He did have an impact - he gave us more ability to move the ball around than we had in the first half and almost scored from outside the box. I do think we've missed JFC in the past few weeks. Without him (and when Roberts doesn't play) we lose a lot of creativity

By Sludgy6515/4 16:38Mon Apr 15 16:38:23 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 176

I would have brought Roberts in, with fresh legs on Saturday. Hemmings is not even a League 2 player, so why he got on ahead of Roberts I don't know. We need players that can run with the ball and beat a man.

By Chuds15/4 16:55Mon Apr 15 16:55:53 2024In response to Re: Gone for a BurtonTop of thread

Views: 180

Roberts has hardly beaten a man all season.

Previous thread: ??SFC POD: Just Short! EP55.S5 by Boromatt15/4 08:16Mon Apr 15 08:16:21 2024view thread