Borochat

Proud sponsors of Paul Tisdale & Shianne Swarres

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Supporter's Association email by HitchinBoro exCallingYesterday 16:04Yesterday at 16:04:14view thread

Oldest article: Get in the bin by Richie Rich C30/10/2021 15:45Sat Oct 30 15:45:39 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Experienced managers not always the awnser by BoroDan222/11/2021 16:42Tue Nov 2 16:42:37 2021view thread

Looks like Alex got another week

By BoroDan221/11/2021 20:30Mon Nov 1 20:30:20 2021

Views: 1123

He’s not been sacked today has he so I gather he’s got another week

MK is a hit and miss game but I think FA cup is huge for the club this year in terms of money.

At the same time we also need to focus on the league too and if this really poor run of form continues and PW leaves it too late then we will find ourselves back in non league and won’t return for years! So it’s big risk if PW is keeping Revs on longer

Players have let him down as well tbf, with the squad we have we should be doing much better! Just don’t think they’re showing it that’s all

reply to this article | return to the front page

I drove past the ground lunchtime today.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)2/11/2021 16:36Tue Nov 2 16:36:04 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 560

No sign of Revs going. Just looked like business as usual.

Re: I drove past the ground lunchtime today.

By Hitchin Callling2/11/2021 16:55Tue Nov 2 16:55:47 2021In response to I drove past the ground lunchtime today.Top of thread

Views: 520

You mean being shit but doing a lot for the community, having foundations galore etc.Lets get things on the pitch right first.

Re: Looks like Alex got another week

By jayess1/11/2021 22:25Mon Nov 1 22:25:12 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 813

A quote from Radio Humberside:

Mike White, Sports Editor

This decision will come as little surprise to most, given the club's league position, although many fans will feel it should have happened before now.

Sadly he is talking about Neil Cox being sacked by Scunthorpe today. But if the cap fits...

By AndyC1/11/2021 23:55Mon Nov 1 23:55:03 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 769

Cox out?

4 people like this 4 people

By worrier1/11/2021 22:19Mon Nov 1 22:19:31 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 832

i would rather get rid of him this week, get an interim manager in for the weekends game, that way the players will up there game and we might win it

2 people like this 2 people

By Themessiah1/11/2021 21:36Mon Nov 1 21:36:52 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 837

It's the management that are shite, I think the players are taking the piss and not producing the goods

By Owen B1/11/2021 21:23Mon Nov 1 21:23:27 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 832

It would be on point for the club to have banked on an FA Cup run when we're absolutely garbage and drawn away to a team in the division above.

By Bragbury1061/11/2021 21:38Mon Nov 1 21:38:42 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 869

the attendance will be less on saturday than a Harringay greyhound track many years ago.(more bookies than punters).

By dippers12/11/2021 07:29Tue Nov 2 07:29:49 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 715

My Grandfather was a bookie at Haringey between the wars.

By Bragbury1062/11/2021 08:09Tue Nov 2 08:09:41 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 685

used to go mon, wed, and friday had to go with my dad. then Walthamstow and Romford the other days.
now i know why i have always been a gambler.

By Hitchin Callling2/11/2021 08:46Tue Nov 2 08:46:37 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 631

My Parents originate from Walthamstow and still have relatives there. The dog track is now just housing (private of course) with the facade only remaining.There was a massive campsaign to keep it but doomed to failuire.
We used to often book a mini coach for a Sat night racing and go in to the attached Charlie Chans club afterwards..My Dad used to take me to stock car racing there as well.

By Handyandy12/11/2021 15:55Tue Nov 2 15:55:38 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 468

Everything reverts back to its natural state of luxury apartments if you leave it long enough.

By dippers12/11/2021 08:29Tue Nov 2 08:29:02 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 634

Back in the 70's I was a Saturday morning Hackney boy

By Rotterdamboro1/11/2021 21:08Mon Nov 1 21:08:35 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 856

‘With the squad we have we should be doing much better’

If I had a pound for the amount of times I read that on here… Half this squad is National League at best and that’s being generous. I’m not sure I’d keep anymore than 4 of the current squad and that’s also being generous

By Tucks2/11/2021 06:48Tue Nov 2 06:48:35 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 679

Judging a player on what they’ve done elsewhere should give a good indication of what they may able to do. But the second they sign for us they should be judged on their performances for us alone. On that basis a lot of this squad are far from good enough. Why? Because we’ve been shit for years now.

By SFCfox2/11/2021 07:09Tue Nov 2 07:09:17 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 649

Our turnaround doesn't help, with Wallace looking to find the next Gareth Ainsworth.

By Tucks2/11/2021 07:57Tue Nov 2 07:57:58 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 650

Hope Revs has a leather jacket and hair extensions if he’s still in the job come Saturday.

By Ratman462/11/2021 08:30Tue Nov 2 08:30:00 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 608

He took his cap off, needs to wear that again, hopefully he's not lost it,

By S4 Boro1/11/2021 22:02Mon Nov 1 22:02:11 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 743

End of season I’d let the following leave.

Cuthbert
Prosser
LJW
Coker
Carter
Andrade
Norris
Osborne
Marshall
Reeves
Lines

By BoroDan221/11/2021 21:13Mon Nov 1 21:13:44 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 869

Like I said we’ve got players who have won promotions and been in play off finals.

I wouldn’t say Bruno, Taylor, Reeves, Lines, Cuthbert, List etc are all national league standard

However I would say there are some who are national standard but certainly not most of the team

By Telboy1/11/2021 21:41Mon Nov 1 21:41:47 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 770

"Players have let him down as well tbf,"

If the players are good enough then Revs has lost the dressing room otherwise the results would be much better.

So Wallace waits until the January transfer window, Revs gets rid of the players he doesn't feel are right (trouble makers), replaces these then what happens?

There will be another band of players that will see right through him again....dressing room lost again!

By jayess1/11/2021 22:16Mon Nov 1 22:16:51 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 771

But don't forget this is a fantastic bunch of players...all winners with an impeccable attitude.
When we sign people it is about much more than just their ability.

I know this because Revs has spelt it out with every signing.....

By AgentEves1/11/2021 21:29Mon Nov 1 21:29:41 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 840

List has the potential to be a top League Two striker, if given decent, regular service. People on here slagging him off for being a poor finisher don't know what they're talking about.

Lines is a solid L2 midfielder, but he's also very old. Reeves is a pretty standard L2 midfielder, but he has games where he looks like he'd struggle in the Conference. Taylor looks a competent enough L2 midfielder, but again, nothing remarkable.

Bruno is a Conference player. Hence why he was playing in the Conference when we signed him.

Cuthbert is well past his sell-by date. We should have gotten rid of him last season. He's likely still good enough for the Conference, but I don't think he's good enough for L2 anymore.

As for the players you haven't mentioned, I think Norris is a pretty solid L2 striker. Unremarkable, again, but he's decent enough. He's also shown he can get amongst the scoring with the right service. I don't really have any issues there.

Coker is massively overrated by people on here. He's at best average and at worst a complete liability. Prosser is somehow worse than Coker, yet people still refuse to accept how bad he is.

TVC is prone to the odd clanger, but he tends to have the odd bad game, rather than lots of mistakes littered about every game. He's either solid, or is poor, but his poor games tend to be less frequent than his good ones.

LJW gets away with a lot because he's fast. He is very, very error prone and his positional sense is questionable. I don't really have a massive issue with him, because he provides quite a lot of speed going forward, but I'd rather a steady-Eddy right back.

Anang is never going to be a Premier League goalkeeper. He's way too error prone, seems to have poor concentration, and I think he has an issue with his application (he often looks like he's too casual, which I think is why he fucks up so often).

I think Read has a lot of quality, but can't get in the team consistently enough to do it. I think he'll improve massively with a decent run of games, preferably not playing left wing.

Osborne is pretty average. Another unremarkable player who I don't have a big issue with but he's hardly a player you build the team around.

Carter isn't good enough for League 2. I'd also question whether Smith is, either.

I can't think of anyone else who's regularly in the team, which means they're not good enough either.

The only players we've had recently who can make a genuine claim that they are a top-end League 2 player (or better) are List, Pett, Cumming and maybe TVC and Norris. The rest are either bang average, or well below average.

By Telboy1/11/2021 21:56Mon Nov 1 21:56:44 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 797

The right manager would get much, much more out of these players.

They could be good enough or they might actually be good enough, we will never know with Revs.

By Newbie_Boro (Yorkshire_Boro)2/11/2021 14:23Tue Nov 2 14:23:16 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 440

Totally agree, we still have the makings of a good squad in my opinion and players don't just turn shit overnight. We we're playing good football at the start of the season and everything looked great.

I believe Lines, Taylor, Reeves, Andrade, Reid are all good L2 signings.

Cuthbert is beginning to struggle with age, still our best defender though

By Rotterdamboro1/11/2021 21:42Mon Nov 1 21:42:05 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 802

Remember the fanfare on the clubs Twitter when we signed Jamie Reid. Something like ‘we’ve got our man’. If they meant ‘we’ve got our National League South standard striker’ then fair play

By Rotterdamboro1/11/2021 21:20Mon Nov 1 21:20:16 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 806

I would respectfully suggest that only Lines,List, Norris and Taylor would come close to getting in any other League 2 side

1 person likes this 1 person

By Ratman461/11/2021 20:41Mon Nov 1 20:41:05 2021In response to Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 881

I agree but why give him the cup game, win that then what, he stays?

What if we then lose in the league and are back to square 1 but this time losing to a team around us.

Edited by Ratman46 at 20:47:44 on 1st November 2021

By BoroDan221/11/2021 20:49Mon Nov 1 20:49:22 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 854

Well that’s the issue isn’t it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we win Saturday tbh as it’s FA and we tend to turn up in them sort of competitions.

Tbf we were poor at this stage last season and we gave Revs January transfer window to sort it out and after that we started to turn up and get results

Maybe that’s what PW is thinking? Who knows but that’s my guess

1 person likes this 1 person

By Ratman461/11/2021 21:04Mon Nov 1 21:04:50 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 821

Difference from last season to this is we signed non league players last year as we thought we'd be in the NL. Think we all thought he possibly deserved the Jan window to turn it around with better players.

This season he's started with his players that were signed to push for the playoffs, his and Wilkins words. Most think these players are good enough.

By BoroDan221/11/2021 21:11Mon Nov 1 21:11:02 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 834

Thing is they are good enough

Players like Bruno, Reeves, Taylor, Lines, Cuthbert, List etc all of them played for big teams and some of them won promotions and have experience.

No reason at all why this team can’t turn this around, I just think they need confidence and belief in themselves.

It feels like we are like Mansfield atm, got good players but sitting near the bottom

By Telboy1/11/2021 22:14Mon Nov 1 22:14:42 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 722

You are probably right here...the missing ingredient is an experienced manager with people skills and the odd bit of football knowledge.

By Deano (deanos13)2/11/2021 00:48Tue Nov 2 00:48:23 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 738

They've got Nigel Clough. That bundle of laughs isn't doing it with a much more expensive squad than us.

By Telboy2/11/2021 07:20Tue Nov 2 07:20:55 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 638

Are you saying it goes beyond the manager of our club and likewise at Mansfield?
Is it the toxic under tones that are draining the life out of Revs and the players?
It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

By Deano (deanos13)2/11/2021 08:15Tue Nov 2 08:15:20 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 643

I think so. I mean some clubs in this league are paying £2.5k-£3k a week for some of these players.
£150k a year.....
I mean I doubt we are.
But some are.

By Telboy2/11/2021 09:36Tue Nov 2 09:36:10 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 610

So, in a way its pointless getting rid of Revs. Any other manager will be up against the same toxic atmosphere.
Mr Wallace may have stepped back too far, passing the running of the club to others, allowing this toxitity to thrive.
Maybe he is rectifying this issue in the background.
In the meantime we live in hope of survival this season. What a sad state of affairs.

By Deano (deanos13)2/11/2021 09:43Tue Nov 2 09:43:28 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 607

No. Phil is involved day to day I'm sure. He's on the phone regularly. And remember Leon is here too. Between them I don't think much happens without a nod from either of them.
Toxic is not a word id use for SFC. Last season I know the players loved turning up for training and winning games.
What's the difference? We got Reeves and Taylor and lost Petty is one reason.

Edited by deanos13 at 09:43:37 on 2nd November 2021

By Telboy2/11/2021 09:53Tue Nov 2 09:53:21 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 545

If that is the case then Revs could be with us until January.

We all hope he finds a player at that point who will turn our fortunes around.

Its been done before with Pett and Chair...here's hoping!

By AgentEves5/11/2021 03:50Fri Nov 5 03:50:45 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 180

I'd rather we didn't persevere with a manager who needs a loanee or a coup to turn things around. I'd at like to see the basics there to start with. Revs can't get the basics right, and if he can't figure that out at this point, with this amount of pressure to get it right, then he doesn't have the capability of doing it.

By AndyC1/11/2021 23:56Mon Nov 1 23:56:09 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 722

Exactly. Look at Ian Holloway at Grimsby

By samborough1/11/2021 21:24Mon Nov 1 21:24:41 2021In response to Re: Looks like Alex got another week Top of thread

Views: 842

You are all on the edge...................anticipation, prediction, hope, you have given me a laugh!!!!!! Revs is going at the right time for Phil............just wait you fickles :-)

Previous thread: Manager by Stevenage fan30/10/2021 16:28Sat Oct 30 16:28:50 2021view thread