ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: This Saturday by AndyCToday 07:46Today at 07:46:16view thread

Oldest article: Match Thread by WASP30/12/2017 15:14Sat Dec 30 15:14:33 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tickets by jjlacey10/2 11:33Sat Feb 10 11:33:58 2018view thread

The derby that's not a derby derby - Tomorrow

By Tucks9/2 09:07Fri Feb 9 09:07:43 2018

Views: 1225

I'm not talking about Tottenham v Arsenal of course, but tomorrow we face league leaders Luton (boo hiss).

There's the small matter of a 7-1 defeat to avenge. Will we do it and turn a corner? Last week at Accrington we seemingly had the indicators on to make a turn and then decided that actually we'd carry on straight. I hate it when cars do that.

Personally if we come out of the game with a draw then I'll be happy. Chesterfield and Wycombe have shown in recent weeks that Luton aren't invincible but we will have to be on the top of our game (and dare I say it, change our tactics) to get something out of the match.

I can see the same 11 as the one that started last weekend with the caveat that if they're fit then Henry and Martin will probably slot back in to the full back slots.

Now Friday is no place for negativity so I'm hopeful we'll take something from the game. Fingers crossed it's a good one, up the Boro!

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - Tomorrow

By SFCfox9/2 11:48Fri Feb 9 11:48:37 2018In response to The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 932

To annoy the pre-league brigade, this game is bigger than any game against Woking.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By On me 'ead10/2 08:49Sat Feb 10 08:49:50 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 277

I have always enjoyed local derby or games against hated opposition such as Woking. In all cases as long as we beat Woking , I was happy
Today, I'm not excited at all
This season hasn't stirred the passion

You never know what team will turn up, often if the opposition were poor you stood a chance
DS style of kick and rush football isn't enjoyable

Some of the threads I read after the Accy defeat were saying a defeat would see Sarll closer to leaving

For me id love to see Luton and Sarll somewhere else just not at our ground anymore

P.s the last 3-2 Woking game at home was a brilliant game

By Lock1310/2 09:14Sat Feb 10 09:14:01 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 260

You ever thought of being a Samaritan? :)

By Sev9/2 13:32Fri Feb 9 13:32:06 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 801

Ha!

All of luton's players are injured so this
should be a walk in the park. Which coincidentally is what we look like we're doing most games.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Ratman469/2 13:50Fri Feb 9 13:50:07 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 755

So game has been called off as they can't field a team if all injured. Rearranged or do we get the 3 points?

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))9/2 12:09Fri Feb 9 12:09:41 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 863

maybe a chomp but Easter Monday 1996 was a biggie

By Boromatt9/2 11:05Fri Feb 9 11:05:35 2018In response to The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 952

Very much looking forward to tomorrow, as you say, we do have that appalling result to avenge back in October. I agree, I would take a point tomorrow, a win however, would be the best win of the season and a win which many of us would enjoy for sure.

I think the big thing for me is our home form, it's the reason why we'll probably survive this season, so tomorrow IMO it could go either way. A win would mean 27 points out of the 41 picked up at home, a good stat. But, something that I liked last Saturday was the impact the new players had on the team in the first half, there was a certain expectancy and it showed for the first 45 minutes. I would look to play a lot of the new boys again, Alex Revell showed experience last week and a real quality, Goddard looked lively and Luke Amos played well.

A big 4 matches, I remember saying after the bad defeat in October, you watch us beat them 3 or 4-0, ill just leave that there...

Come on boys!

6 people like this 6 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Puds (Chuds)9/2 18:31Fri Feb 9 18:31:11 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 560

Incorrect.

The best win of the season came with us beating Accrington. Beating Luton will not better that. Beating Wycombe, and denying them a playoff/promotion spot, in their own ground ala Accrington previously, would be the only thing to better it.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SFCfox9/2 23:05Fri Feb 9 23:05:29 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 364

Nothing would ever beat denying Wycombe a promotion/play-off spot. That would be the best day ever.

By Puds (Chuds)10/2 10:57Sat Feb 10 10:57:13 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 208

Yup.

By Boromatt9/2 21:54Fri Feb 9 21:54:26 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 445

So hang on, beating the team who are high flying in first place would not be the best win of the season?

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Puds (Chuds)10/2 10:56Sat Feb 10 10:56:27 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 208

Correct.

By Lock139/2 22:22Fri Feb 9 22:22:06 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 393

of course it would - be massive if we do them tomorrow - Chuds knows nothing about nothing

By vinnyhen9/2 22:27Fri Feb 9 22:27:26 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 389

A bit less than that

By Pete (PeteH)9/2 11:35Fri Feb 9 11:35:57 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 883

you watch us beat them 3 or 4-0, ill just leave that there

How many farleypounds are going on that?

By BaldockBoro (Balders)9/2 11:14Fri Feb 9 11:14:31 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 897

I'm expecting to get turned over by 2-3 goals. I think we'll dominate first 20, maybe even have a couple of shots on target or bag a goal, then we'll regress and their quality and confidence will show, they'll take a comfortable lead and we'll be hanging on until the last 5 minutes when we'll try and attack at tempo again when it's too late.

1-3 Luton.

A point would be a massive bonus. Especially if we snuck it with an offside goal, dodgy penalty or flukey OG. That would be a kind of magic that would.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Copeysaurus9/2 11:46Fri Feb 9 11:46:57 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 863

An offside goal in the 98th minute that comes off Fraser's hand

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Cruffers9/2 09:29Fri Feb 9 09:29:45 2018In response to The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 1000

Change the tactics, you say? That would be a thing of beauty and wonder.

What I would do (if we win the toss) is switch so we attack the North end first half so that the Looton have to attack the away end first half rather than second.

Any other tactical changes would be revolutionary for us. However I can see DS trying to be really clever to baffle Luton (cue Wilko up front from the start).

3 people like this 3 people   

By Owen9/2 09:10Fri Feb 9 09:10:45 2018In response to The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 1027

I think if Darren gets his tactics right, we can turn the corner. 41 points at this stage of the season will be a fantastic points total for the football club.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Deltic 219/2 17:38Fri Feb 9 17:38:24 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 578

Yes, Owen, yes! 41 points is nothing short of fantastic in... er... February. Nothing could be better! Its a good job we’re not on a truly monumental 42 points, I’d be hyper-ventilating! In fact, we’re not even out of the 30s yet so best not to get too ahead of ourselves, although 38 is a truly wonderful tally nonetheless. This really is the best thing ever!!

(Except maybe you reversing the obvious Matt transplant!) 😊

Edited by Deltic 21 at 17:39:31 on 9th February 2018
Edited by Deltic 21 at 17:41:00 on 9th February 2018
Edited by Deltic 21 at 17:41:50 on 9th February 2018

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Owen9/2 19:07Fri Feb 9 19:07:25 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 497

We need to get behind the lads. Matty and Danny will be raring to go in this massive game.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ratman469/2 09:35Fri Feb 9 09:35:30 2018In response to Re: The derby that's not a derby derby - TomorrowTop of thread

Views: 992

Plus if he picks the right team we will get the win.

Previous thread: Cambridge part company with manager by On me 'ead10/2 10:26Sat Feb 10 10:26:49 2018view thread