ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: This Saturday by Ratman46Today 07:30Today at 07:30:54view thread

Oldest article: Match Thread by WASP30/12/2017 15:14Sat Dec 30 15:14:33 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro trying to get enough points for safety. by WASP5/2 09:48Mon Feb 5 09:48:25 2018view thread

This might hurt a bit...

By BaldockBoro (Balders)3/2 19:00Sat Feb 3 19:00:20 2018

Views: 1434

But you can't make an omelette without breaking an egg...

A thumping against our noisy neighbours next weekend might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gives the unhappy masses what they want.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: This might hurt a bit...

By SFC George4/2 14:29Sun Feb 4 14:29:22 2018In response to This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 454

I feel Luton is a free hit up to maybe a 4 goal loss as painful as it is to say, they are just that far ahead of us.

Impressive performances and results are needed vs FGR and Yeovil.

By Sev4/2 14:36Sun Feb 4 14:36:49 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 439

It's a derby game. Don't see why we shouldn't expect to win.

And if teams like Port Vale and whoever else beat them the other week then we certainly can. If we approach it right.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By BaldockBoro (Balders)4/2 16:36Sun Feb 4 16:36:07 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 366

If we approach it right.

By SFC George4/2 15:35Sun Feb 4 15:35:29 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 383

True, they have had a few heavy losses this season which gives a little bit of hope but I'm not going to be as frustrated if we lose this one compared to previous Luton fixtures.

Edited by SFC George at 15:35:53 on 4th February 2018

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))3/2 20:47Sat Feb 3 20:47:47 2018In response to This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1080

It won’t. They’re gonna win the league. We are a bit shit. Hardly reason to pull the plug

if you sack 1 manager you sack / pay off probably 5 people. Another reason to hold fire

Edited by Big Robbie (SBFC) at 21:03:43 on 3rd February 2018
Edited by Big Robbie (SBFC) at 21:07:58 on 3rd February 2018

2 people like this 2 people   

By Sev3/2 20:36Sat Feb 3 20:36:19 2018In response to This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1061

I know I'm biased, but it didn't feel like a capitulation even though it was.

It could have been 5 all. It was quite an open game with both sides playing it more on the floor than in the air.

First half we were full of energy and closing them down, pressing them, nice passing and on the same page. We stopped them from playing it out from the back and they didn't have a plan B.

We took a deserved 2 goal lead and things were looking great. They did have chances themselves and King and Wilmot didn't have their best games.

Them scoring on 46 minutes was a game changer. Instead of going in 2 nil up they went in woth the momentum and belief.

Second half was a bit messier. Not as much "nice" football but it was still quite open and end to end. We hit the bar and the post and had plenty of attacks. They also had chances and a couple of one on ones.

Not sure if it was Amos or Vancooten who got turned for the equaliser but that was really poor.

Then they have a shot, like we had, but whereas ours hits the post, theirs takes a deflection and goes in.

So whilst it's inexcusable I didn't feel like it was terrible.

The positives being we actually created a lot, played a lot of good football and scored twice. Compared to previous games where it's been boring and shit.

I like Revell a lot. Goddard will be OK but probably a bit like Pett.

Shame it's the best team in the league next as it'll be difficult to see if we are any better now.

Edited by Sev at 20:37:57 on 3rd February 2018

7 people like this 7 people   

By Lock133/2 21:20Sat Feb 3 21:20:34 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 936

Fair enough - but I don't buy this them scoring in the 46 min is a game changer . How is it a game changer if you are still winning at half-time?

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Tucks3/2 21:37Sat Feb 3 21:37:42 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 871

It's halved the deficit they have to overcome in the second half and halved our advantage. It's a shot in the arm.

Maybe not a game changer as such but definitely can be the catalyst for a team to turn the tables in the second half.

By Lock133/2 21:41Sat Feb 3 21:41:00 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 852

Or we are 1 nil up in a 45 min game

By Sev3/2 22:06Sat Feb 3 22:06:18 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 818

I'd rather be 2 up with 45 left.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)4/2 09:27Sun Feb 4 09:27:56 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 515

Are you still talking about football?

By Lock134/2 07:10Sun Feb 4 07:10:23 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 578

Yes cause no team ever comes back from being doing 2 nil down

By SFC George4/2 14:32Sun Feb 4 14:32:45 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 385

But a lot more come back from 1 goal down. Mad to think a goal before HT doesn't affect the mood in each dressing room.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))3/2 23:19Sat Feb 3 23:19:59 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 690

I don’t like 2 nil up at HT because losing the next goal brings mass paranoia- but there’s not much logic in that

By Sev3/2 21:30Sat Feb 3 21:30:37 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 860

Yeah I get what you're saying. We should still be able to win the game. Just 2-0 at half time makes it a lot harder in the second half for them. Do t think they would score three after half time.

With just a one goal lead they know just one goal second half and they're right back in it with the momentum.

And if we are 2 up in the second half maybe we go more defensive and see it out. Instead we think we need another to be safe and go too attacking?

It's all psychological.

By Lock133/2 21:38Sat Feb 3 21:38:16 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 831

From what you say there are positives - looking forward to seeing the newbies next week

By Jonnym83/2 21:09Sat Feb 3 21:09:46 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 892

I saw nothing of the game, but the fact we scored 2 with new players and by the sounds of things played ok I’d take as a positive.

By Sev3/2 21:22Sat Feb 3 21:22:57 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 866

Normally after a game I can pinpoint in my head what I would do differently or where it went wrong, but today I didn't think I'd have done much differently.

Although my ratings might give a clue so I'll do them now

King 8 - saved two one on ones today. Was vocal and a leader too.

Vancooten 7 - did well up the wing but if it was him who got turned minus a point.

King 6 - gave the free kick away for the goal not sure if he could have done things differently as it was down the other end

Wilmot 6 - not his best game. Got booked early on and players got past him too easy at times.

Franks 6 - a bit meh

Goddard 7 - great first half. Didn't notice him much second half

McKee 7 - took goal reluctantly but well. Sometimes tries stuff that doesn't come off and needlessly puts us under pressure.

Amos 7 - good down the right with Vancooten. Lots of energy.

Smith 7 - good game from him. Cracking 25 yard striker going straight in top corner but keeper saved it. Thought it was in (another chance I forgot about)

Godden 7 - offside loads. Took his goal well. Good first half. Not much from him in the second.

Revell 8 - superb first half. Most of our play involved him. Put himself about. Great attitude.

So I think we sacrificed some defensiveness for more exciting attacking play. It worked first half but we paid for it second half. Still can't find the balance!

By SFCfox4/2 08:39Sun Feb 4 08:39:49 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 535

YES SMITH. Steve on 3cr said it was Smith with the terrible clearance for their 3rd. Not even close!

By BaldockBoro (Balders)3/2 21:43Sat Feb 3 21:43:08 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 815

Didn't Tom King let the ball go through his legs for a goal?

By Sev3/2 22:23Sat Feb 3 22:23:47 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 746

Just seen the goals again. Didn't go through his legs. He was covering the near post and it went past him. Not much he could do I don't think.

As for the third. What the fuck was Franks doing "clearing" the ball by passing it to their bloke in the centre of the 18 yard box. Stupidity. Defensively we've been very poor today.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)3/2 22:57Sat Feb 3 22:57:50 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 685

I was going by the wireless coverage which was a tad critical of King for that goal (as well as Fraser for that 'clearance').

By Sev3/2 22:00Sat Feb 3 22:00:04 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 780

The second goal possibly but I wouldn't lay blame at him. I'll have to watch the highlights though as it was a soft shot and I was very surprised to see it go in. He shouldnt have been allowed to shoot though in the first place for me.

More than made up for it with about 3 other very good saves. (Two one on ones and a decent shot)

By On me 'ead3/2 20:59Sat Feb 3 20:59:21 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 902

Credit to all away fans
At the end of the day ..No points..That's all that matters

By Sev3/2 21:03Sat Feb 3 21:03:33 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 880

But like others said elsewhere. If it was as simple as that we wouldn't be on a forum saying things.

Where do you think it went wrong today? What players would you have changed? Who did you think played well? What did you think of the style played? What did you think of their attitude and fitness?

By Cruffers3/2 20:02Sat Feb 3 20:02:57 2018In response to This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1027

I never thought I’d say it but I’d take a loss next Saturday if it means the end of DS. The result isn’t going to change our season anyway.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By argee4/2 04:38Sun Feb 4 04:38:12 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 595

I agree Cruffers, DS is the worst manager we have had, his only attribute is that he is vety cheap. He could not even manage Bedwell Rangers (I played for them).

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Jonnym83/2 19:53Sat Feb 3 19:53:40 2018In response to This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1057

It won’t, not a chance. No matter what happens. DS will be here until the end of the season. We won’t go down or even into the relegation zone, we’ll pick up points along the way. What happens in the summer is another story.

Edited by Jonnym8 at 19:53:57 on 3rd February 2018

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)3/2 20:42Sat Feb 3 20:42:05 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 929

Agreed. Unfortunately.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By On me 'ead3/2 21:00Sat Feb 3 21:00:41 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 892

Don't agree Johnny not entirely

By BaldockBoro (Balders)3/2 20:01Sat Feb 3 20:01:50 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1015

I've always been of that opinion too, but the humiliation of getting our arse handed to us a plate by Luton in our own house will hurt Phil's ego... I reckon a 4 goal margin at home in their favour might just tip the scales against our highly rated young manager after today's capitulation. Especially if/when the home crowd join in with "Sacked in the morning"

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Jonnym83/2 20:05Sat Feb 3 20:05:56 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1003

I’m not sure. I don’t think it will be enough right now. I think that if there was going to be a change it would have happened. I also think that having been given time already, he should be given 4-6 games with the new signings to see what he can do.

By Cruffers3/2 20:34Sat Feb 3 20:34:06 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 938

He had loads of time with new signings at the start of the season.

That went well.

By Jonnym83/2 21:07Sat Feb 3 21:07:55 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 880

Agree. Just stating what I think will happen. I also think without a serious candidate to replace him he deserves the opportunity to prove us wrong ( so long as we’re not in real danger)

By BaldockBoro (Balders)3/2 21:47Sat Feb 3 21:47:38 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 820

Do you not think he's had the opportunity? We've all pretty much made our kinds up that he's not the answer.

FWIW I'm fed up with him, I liked him, I still want to like him. I am not 100% Sarll Out, but I'm now 60/40 against. So similar to Sev I guess.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 213/2 23:28Sat Feb 3 23:28:23 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 675

Yes Balders. This exactly.

By Jonnym83/2 22:47Sat Feb 3 22:47:40 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 702

I’m of the same opinion. My reason for saying he deserves another chance is simply because there’s no viable alternative (that I know of) and if PW has let him bring in the new faces then he should give him a few games to prove us wrong.

By Sev3/2 21:34Sat Feb 3 21:34:30 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 821

I didn't want him sacked in October like some because at that point there was a lot of uncertainty.

I'm now confident that these players are good and that the squad has the ability to do well, (and we definitely won't go down) therefore I'm now not bothered about someone new coming in because I think anyone could do an OK job with these players.

So from being definitely don't sack before Christmas I'm now in a don't care if you do or don't position.

I'd like Sarll to be successful but it's becoming less and less likely as we go on.

Still, it would be fair to let him see out the season.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)3/2 19:58Sat Feb 3 19:58:28 2018In response to Re: This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1013

You HOPE we won't go into the relegation zone.

I've corrected it for you.

By jayess3/2 19:15Sat Feb 3 19:15:17 2018In response to This might hurt a bit...Top of thread

Views: 1105

The camel is more likely to slip a disc if we lose at Forest Green on Tuesday week.
Then it really would be 'welcome to the dogfight'.

Previous thread: Mistakes, mistakes by Boromatt3/2 18:08Sat Feb 3 18:08:11 2018view thread