ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Early POTS shouts? by SA AdministratorToday 08:40Today at 08:40:58view thread

Oldest article: Most fans want Sarllz to stay by WASP28/12/2017 16:59Thu Dec 28 16:59:08 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: This might hurt a bit... by BaldockBoro3/2 19:00Sat Feb 3 19:00:20 2018view thread

Mistakes, mistakes

By Boromatt3/2 18:08Sat Feb 3 18:08:11 2018

Views: 921

Currently sitting on the coach once again coming home with another loss. How many more times will this happen??! After being 2-0 up and coasting today, to lose 3-2 is very bad and two awful errors from Fraser and Vancooten costing us.

Revell and Goddard impressed me massively, they brought an expectation of quality especially in the first half, which seemed to rub off on the players, some lovely football played in the first half and two cracking goals to go along with it.
The goal on half time was a killer..

In quite a few scenarios we lacked professionalism in the second half, some real amateur mistakes, just wait till you see the goals we let in, very dissapointing. Stats don’t lie, 4 points from 33 since Crewe is dissapointing and is sack worthy for Darren’s job.

The next 4 are huge, all won today, 3 months to go, 12 points gets us definitely safe. Fuck sake.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Mistakes, mistakes

By BaldockBoro (Balders)4/2 13:06Sun Feb 4 13:06:33 2018In response to Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 293

Watching the highlights, bar the free kick which was a bloody good strike, there is still so much wrong with our defending.

Amos and TVC I think getting done too easily, and then Tom King all culpable for the second.

Half the team having their back to the free kick which led to the the third, followed by Fraser putting the finishing touch on it by doing something completely fucking ridiculous.

What do we do all week in training?

Edited by Balders at 13:06:58 on 4th February 2018

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Deano (deanos13)4/2 14:25Sun Feb 4 14:25:05 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 208

I wasn't that concerned during the game. I felt the back four were winning their tackles and headers and closing their men. That and Accrington couldn't deliver a cross. I wasn't automatically thinking we are losing this or waiting for a goal like I have been in recent weeks.

By Sev4/2 14:27Sun Feb 4 14:27:13 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 216

I'd agree with that. It's a game we should have won as they weren't particularly any better than us. But they did what they needed to and we didn't.

By Deano (deanos13)4/2 14:29Sun Feb 4 14:29:41 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 204

Then I opened my big gob and as kippax kindly pointed out it was commentators curse twice in 5 days!

By Pete (PeteH)4/2 13:45Sun Feb 4 13:45:18 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 235

To be fair, this week has been spent getting to know the new lads and (probably) making them do a karaoke-based initiation or something.

By Roland Rimbs (BD)3/2 19:08Sat Feb 3 19:08:41 2018In response to Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 709

I would say that we lacked professionalism giving a free kick away on the edge of the box at the end of the first half. Was obvious we were going to lose 3-2 the moment that goal went in.

By Puds (Chuds)3/2 18:25Sat Feb 3 18:25:34 2018In response to Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 806

We need to bring in five new players every fortnight in order to have enough players not ruined by Sarll in order to win us the points needed to stay up.

By March, Revell, Amos and Goddard will look awful along with the rest of them.

10 people like this 10 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By vinnyhen3/2 18:24Sat Feb 3 18:24:25 2018In response to Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 786

Well only a short journey to mull it over Matt.
To be honest feel a little sorry for you but sounds like today summed up our season, even when we play well and get ourselves into a good position we still manage to cock it up. Individual mistakes yes but miss-management again surely contributed to another woeful away result.
I've gone beyond thinking about getting to safety, unfortunately we have to rely on even poorer teams continuing to lose and hope we have the odd lucky win. Wallace is quite clearly going to stick with Sarll, the agenda is already in place having let him bring in new players, so it's going to be more pain for the remainder of the season but it'll all probably be masked by beating Luton next week and DS doing his fist pump because he's a local lad.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Lock133/2 18:41Sat Feb 3 18:41:59 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 746

The team is not the problem - we have all been saying that for ages. There is something wrong somewhere - I honestly don't know what it is and don't like to call for a bloke to lose his job. Think he will be out if we move into the bottom four.

I have visions of Gaz M sitting on his own in a new 2,000 seat North Bank as we play host to Royston Town in the Evo Stick Southern

My brother just posting pictures of his tickets for next week - the Luton massive are coming. As you say we will undoubtedly thump Luton next week - I'll take that :)

Cheer up lads worse things have happened at Sea

By Bankerbob4/2 12:07Sun Feb 4 12:07:49 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 314

Isn't Gaz in a skip full of rubble somewhere, having chained himself to something that's now been demolished?

By Ronnie Henry's severed fingers Lee-King Pett Fox. (Gaz Murray)4/2 12:51Sun Feb 4 12:51:58 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 275

He wishes he was.

By Deltic 213/2 23:39Sat Feb 3 23:39:33 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 539

*It’s ‘when’. ‘When’ we move into the bottom 4.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)3/2 18:53Sat Feb 3 18:53:37 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 701

My friend ( who happens to be a scum fan) informs me that his team asked for more tickets and were turned down.So expect a few on the east terrace again next week.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)4/2 00:34Sun Feb 4 00:34:34 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 524

They’ll probably be better company than the usual wankers I stand next to.

By Richie Rich C4/2 07:28Sun Feb 4 07:28:08 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 451

Stop bringing that mirror to the match with you

3 people like this 3 people   

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)4/2 10:25Sun Feb 4 10:25:48 2018In response to Re: Mistakes, mistakes Top of thread

Views: 364

Hahahaha. In my defence, I’d had a few.

Previous thread: Statistics don't lie by WASP3/2 17:01Sat Feb 3 17:01:51 2018view thread