ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: EFL & Boro by BankerbobToday 22:58Today at 22:58:51view thread

Oldest article: Boro Fives Table by Sev27/12/2017 18:14Wed Dec 27 18:14:53 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: WATN Junior Edition by vinnyhen19/1 17:42Fri Jan 19 17:42:27 2018view thread

A very credible performance

By Boromatt17/1 11:07Wed Jan 17 11:07:03 2018

Views: 1562

Very proud of the boys yesterday, I thought we played bloody well for a smaller league two club against a huge championship club. The difference between the leagues and standards is chances taken, we had a bundle of really good chances, a couple I would actually refer to as sitters, especially Tom Pett’s, but just couldn’t convert. Two things that really impressed me, was the football we played going forward, to create like we did against a championship side was a big positive in my eyes and the second, the way the players conducted themselves and represented the club. Never gave in and kept going to try and get a goal on the score board.

A really good learning curve for the players, especially the younger players at the club and a match where there were plenty of positives to take forward into the league. Also, I think it’s nice that we can solely concentrate on the league and get us over the dotted line.

Also, a huge shout out to all the supporters who made the trip, the support was great and I don’t know the exact figure of us Boro fans, but looked to be up near 1000, maybe 800 or so! Thoroughly enjoyed the evening, to see the players play on a big stadium like that was great, a great experience!

Back to the bread and butter stuff on Saturday!

Edited by Boromatt at 11:09:17 on 17th January 2018

reply to this article | return to the front page

12 people like this 12 people   6 people dislike this 6 people

Re: A very credible performance

By Elkding20/1 21:23Sat Jan 20 21:23:02 2018In response to A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 296

This thread contains the most embarrassing display of fan behaviour I've seen on this forum.

I've been posting here since 2001.

With respect matt

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 16:00Wed Jan 17 16:00:37 2018In response to A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1307

Reading are in no way a 'massive club'.
Ok they are a bigger club than us in terms of stadium,resources,support etc etc,but there are more 'massive 'clubs than them in the championship.
Nottm forest,Sunderland,aston villa,ipswich town,leeds united,wolves,sheff utd and Wednesday ,to name a few who between them have won european cups,fa cups and league titles amongst other honours.....I could go on ,they are much bigger teams than reading.

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

Re: With respect matt

By Boromatt17/1 17:55Wed Jan 17 17:55:00 2018In response to With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 1123

Compared to ourselves they’re much bigger club. Anyone who knows football can understand that my god lol..

Edited by Boromatt at 17:55:18 on 17th January 2018

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 18:54Wed Jan 17 18:54:34 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 1051

Did you not read my post in its entirety? .

I said reading are a bigger club than boro, but they are in no way a massive club as you suggest.

Please do not insult my intelligence re having knowledge of football , I think your constant predictions of a boro win , no matter who we are playing are becoming tiresome and very predictable.

If you would like to have a chat and test my football knowledge then I will be happy to meet you for a drink in stripes. :-)

1 person likes this 1 person   6 people dislike this 6 people

By Boromatt17/1 19:19Wed Jan 17 19:19:22 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 1013

I’ve been saying for the past 6 hours that we are a small club and reading are much bigger club. I can’t see how you can see that???!

I am questioning your knowledge because for anyone to say that reading aren’t a big club is ridiculous...

Predictions are predictions, I’ve always said if Darren plays the right team we’ll win, has he a lot this season, no.

I’d be more than happy for that, but I’d think you’d get a bit of a footy knowledge shock ;)

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:30Wed Jan 17 19:30:37 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 998

Arsenal,chelsea,man utd, man city and spurs are classed as the big 5 in the premier league.Do you think reading are one of the big 5 in the championship? .

Explain how reading are a big club?.

6 people dislike this 6 people

By Boromatt17/1 19:35Wed Jan 17 19:35:53 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 1005

The money flow, ex prem status, resources, stadium. I think a club our size to take them over two ties and have the better chances in those, okay we didn’t hit the back of the net, but is a credit and shows the potential we have in the team.

5 people like this 5 people   

Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt)

By BasingstokeBoro17/1 19:43Wed Jan 17 19:43:42 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 1005

I might have missed something, but Matt called Reading 'a huge Championship Club'. I can't see the reference to being massive and therefore any argument about Man U. Etc is redundant and pointless.

According to the local rag, reading spend the 3rd highest amount of any championship club in the summer (net) so in that sense could be considered huge.

Matt, your positivity in these dark times is a tonic. Keep it up. I'd gladly go for a beer in stripes with you.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:46Wed Jan 17 19:46:52 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 994

So they are a huge club then?.

Well I never.

Very surprised we didn't make the home tie against them all ticket because of their status as a huge club.

5 people dislike this 5 people

By BasingstokeBoro17/1 19:51Wed Jan 17 19:51:35 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 979

Maybe we should of. Perhaps you should phone the club shop and suggest it for next time?

The level of sarcasm coming from your keyboard would suggest you have no better argument, so let's put it to bed now.

Leave Farley to his bubble of positivity. Most men exaggerate now and then... Many a time have I called it 'huge'.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:59Wed Jan 17 19:59:42 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 974

There was no level of sarcasm intended.

I think I know the difference between a big club and ordinary club though.

Thanks for your views :-)

4 people dislike this 4 people

By Danny-da-Bass17/1 22:58Wed Jan 17 22:58:22 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 873

Christ! your a sensitive nibbler. Are you like this on Watford’s forum?

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))19/1 10:46Fri Jan 19 10:46:48 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 602

He's our 2CW, Not Watford's

Re: m farley

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)18/1 21:19Thu Jan 18 21:19:50 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 726

No, because they have far more intelligent people on there than the matt farleys of this world .

Fans who are realistic about the team, its chances against superior oppostion,and who dont tediously predict that watford will win EVERY game.

If farleys predictions came true, we would have been promoted by now.

Still,lets let him carry on with his fantasy football game.

Edited by Borohornet73 at 21:24:49 on 18th January 2018
Edited by Borohornet73 at 21:32:31 on 18th January 2018
Edited by Borohornet73 at 21:33:57 on 18th January 2018

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Boromatt19/1 00:24Fri Jan 19 00:24:36 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 669

Have you got enough edits there mate?? Or has your intelligence failed you again hahaha!!!

12 people like this 12 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 15:14Fri Jan 19 15:14:26 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 518

Your welcome to question my intelligence face to face sweetheart , instead of hiding behind your keyboard .

Matey.

By Boromatt19/1 18:08Fri Jan 19 18:08:04 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 478

You’re pussy boy. Just stating the obvious??? The threads you made were sarcastic and bully like, no one fucking bullies me mate, no fucking one, pussy.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 18:55Fri Jan 19 18:55:32 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 459

Listen here prat farley, your the pussy sweetheart.

Do you think using bad language scares me......well it does'nt luv, i'll meet you soon dont worry about that, and i'll tell you to your face,what i think of you and your pathetic posts.

Dont try to act big on here, you dont know me, but i know enough about you, and what you are.so shut your big gob,and go play with your dolls.

By Sev19/1 19:59Fri Jan 19 19:59:52 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 421

I'll take you all on.

ROYAL RUMBLE!!!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 20:00Fri Jan 19 20:00:27 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 422

Hooray, good evening sev,

By Sev19/1 20:01Fri Jan 19 20:01:06 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 415

Good evening. What have I missed? :D

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 20:52Fri Jan 19 20:52:16 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 393

How long have you got :-)

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:16Fri Jan 19 19:16:11 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 432

You really need to relax. A deep bath, candles, glass of wine and a copy of 60+ swinging Grannies will help

X

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:19Fri Jan 19 19:19:15 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 439

I was going to have a bath, after getting stressed reading all these negative posts, and light a few yankee candles too :-)

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:20Fri Jan 19 19:20:18 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 423

That sir deserves a like. First one I've given you in a long time :-)

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:31Fri Jan 19 19:31:39 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 424

Thank you :-)

By Cruffers19/1 19:17Fri Jan 19 19:17:07 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 425

It helps me......... usually after 90 minutes of DS tactics.

By Boromatt19/1 19:14Fri Jan 19 19:14:46 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 432

2:50 tomorrow, be there pussy.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)19/1 18:58Fri Jan 19 18:58:59 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 437

*you’re

By Cruffers19/1 18:11Fri Jan 19 18:11:25 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 464

Matt, don’t lower yourself to his level.

Continue to be Nicepositivematt.

By Boromatt19/1 18:13Fri Jan 19 18:13:07 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 459

Very good point. :) Sorry for the language fellas I should delete that!

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)19/1 18:15Fri Jan 19 18:15:58 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 458

Nah, I wouldn’t.

By Boromatt19/1 18:17Fri Jan 19 18:17:47 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 447

I’ll leave it, I just want good discussion, not idiot boneheads like him making stupid comments who wouldn’t be willing to have a discussion.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:01Fri Jan 19 19:01:06 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 444

Dont call me a bonehead, munchkin, just be careful what you post sonny boy.

You act like a spoilt brat, because i questioned your claim that reading are a HUGE club.......absolute crap.They are bigger than boro, but never a huge club, have a look at their honours,then compare them to teams such as liverpool,spurs,arsenal,chelsea,man utd,man city,celtic,rangers,barcelona,real madreid, bayern munich.They are BIG clubs not reading.

There are a dozen clubs in the championship who are bigger than reading.

THINK CAREFULLY WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME .BECAUSE YOU MAY NEED TO BACK IT UP.....OK.

By Boromatt19/1 19:20Fri Jan 19 19:20:47 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

You think you scare me??? I’ve come across plenty of big talkers, then their asshole goes, your just another in the pile. Plus I’m not spoilt, oh I’m fine to back it up, I’ve boxed for the past 6 years at amateur level. Violence is pathetic, threats are pathetic, this a football forum, not a thug site. If you were any true fan you’d have a debate without being sarcastic. Plus, don’t ever say I might have to back it up, you couldn’t knock a wank let alone someone..

4 people like this 4 people   

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:30Fri Jan 19 19:30:48 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 426

Lol, you do make me laugh.

Have i said i enjoy violence, have i made threats?.....no i said on here yesterday that i would meet you face to face, because you questioned my football knowledge.

I'm not the one who started the insults, i disagreed with your description of reading being a huge club.

As you point out ,this is a football forum, for boro fans and there will be differences of opinions, but insults are not the correct response.

How you know i have'nt knocked anyone out is beyond me, but yet again you finished your post with yet another insult.

I will meet you, no problem, and it does'nt bother me that you have boxed, why mention that if you dont like violence?.

This constant bickering is getting tiresome now.

By Boromatt19/1 19:35Fri Jan 19 19:35:13 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 429

You’re the one who has insinuated that I will need to back it up, from where I’m from that means a fist fight. Which is absolutely pathetic. If you want to go into insult, your sarcasm about my predictions was the first insults that you made that to came across bullish. No one bullies me, no one. I’m not a voilent person, you’re the one who offered face to face, not me. Yet, I’ve agreed to meet tomorrow and you’re not there, (surprise). It’s childish behaviour, grow up and don’t see I might need to back it up because that comes across as something else.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:43Fri Jan 19 19:43:26 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

I have not said in any of my posts, that i want to fight you, or am going to hit you, or anything of that nature.

I said i will meet you face to face because you questioned my football knowledge, which is something i am proud of.

There are plenty of others on here who also take the p out of your posts, but at the same time i do enjoy reading them and i know you have a passion for the team, so do i.

As i said earlier, i cant make the game tomorrow, but should be at the luton game, i am quite happy to meet you, not because i'm looking for confrontation or a fight ( fightings for the playground) but i will stand my ground and say what i beleive.

By Boromatt19/1 19:49Fri Jan 19 19:49:32 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 420

Look, that’s absolutely fine! I’m all for football discussion, but when you say be careful what you say because you might have to back it up. Comes across as something else. Fighting in public is pathetic, it’s embarssing and I’m not doing something that will get me arrested by the police. Maybe there was a miscommunication along the way. As for others that take the p, plenty of times I have said something. As for discussion, I’m all for that£!

By Lock1319/1 20:06Fri Jan 19 20:06:57 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 441

I'll have £50 on Farley to knock Elvis out in the third (there's a line I never thought I'd type) :)

By vinnyhen19/1 20:12Fri Jan 19 20:12:07 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 410

Was that knock one out?

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:55Fri Jan 19 19:55:14 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 417

I did'nt mean my post to come across in a threatening manner, and i'm sorry if it did.

I am still willing to meet you, to discuss our knowledge of football, and our different opinions on boro.

Fighting is not the answer, and i certainly don't want to fight with a fellow boro fan, that would be stupid.

When all is said and done, between us, we have lived up this board for the past few days, whatever our differences are :-)

By Dave (daveadkins)19/1 20:14Fri Jan 19 20:14:38 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 435

Haha that's more of a climb down than Edmund Hillary's descent down Everest.

2 people like this 2 people   

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 21:02Fri Jan 19 21:02:23 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 384

Certainly no climb down, its about taking time to read the thread again, and how it has descended into insults and threats.

I have stated on here that i am happy to meet him,talk about things,and see what happens.

Maybe you are afraid you will be disappointed, but we will see.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 20:53Fri Jan 19 20:53:58 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 388

Not a climb down my friend.

I have still offered to meet matt hopefully at the luton game.

Was you hoping to see a scrap?

By Dave (daveadkins)19/1 21:10Fri Jan 19 21:10:25 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 391

Not at all. I do think you've made a fool of yourself unfortunately. I feel you have come across as a bully and seemed to be threatening. Hopefully it's a lesson learnt for you. Matt has certainly gone up even more in my estimation. Good young lad it seems.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 21:15Fri Jan 19 21:15:45 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 384

If i came across as threatening, then it was never intended.

I am certainly no bully, so if my posts gave that impression, it was not intentional.

By Dave (daveadkins)19/1 21:17Fri Jan 19 21:17:13 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 389

That's fair enough.

By Lock1319/1 20:46Fri Jan 19 20:46:04 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 402

The minute Matt mentioned he'd done some Amateur Boxing Elvis dropped his knitting

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Mercury 8819/1 20:56Fri Jan 19 20:56:47 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 393

Sorry is Matt someone people shouldn't get on the wrong side of ?

By Sev19/1 22:42Fri Jan 19 22:42:49 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 349

Depends when the ball is played but yes you'll be offside if you do.

By Lock1319/1 20:58Fri Jan 19 20:58:23 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 391

Lighten up .... it's Friday :) . Any trouble I'll set Deltic on you

O/T tag team

By Sev19/1 22:41Fri Jan 19 22:41:22 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 347

If you could partner up with a fellow Borochatter to have a tag team match against two other Borochatters who would you choose?

I'd pick Wasp. I heard he's built like a brick shithouse. At least 6' 7". He has tattoos on his skinhead too.

Re: O/T tag team

By Lock1319/1 23:18Fri Jan 19 23:18:40 2018In response to O/T tag teamTop of thread

Views: 351

Think you’re getting mixed up with Wasps husband

By Mercury 8819/1 21:00Fri Jan 19 21:00:58 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 388

Fuck it being Friday I wanna see a fight go on. I just heard Phill Wallace has asked Carlisle to bring all their steward's tomorrow incase things get too serious between Elvis, Freddie, Sev,Deltic and Matt Farley.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 20:54Fri Jan 19 20:54:47 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 380

No way, i've done a bit of martial arts myself, si i'm feeling fine.

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:18Fri Jan 19 19:18:54 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Right,

Once again we destroyed your argument last night, and you keep coming back for more.

He called them a huge Championship Club. Go back and read it carefully.

Stop being a dumb troll. Just accept that Farley is more popular on here than you.

Your obsession with him is becoming a little sinister.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)19/1 19:02Fri Jan 19 19:02:41 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 429

He’s offered to meet you mate. Any response?

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:04Fri Jan 19 19:04:45 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 428

Already commented on the meet up pal.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)19/1 19:11Fri Jan 19 19:11:50 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

My reading of it is you haven’t committed to it. Which is fine. I abhor violence so you’ve done the right thing.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:17Fri Jan 19 19:17:21 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 418

I dont like violence either, it goes against my christian values.But when someone constantly hurls insults at me, and has to use bad language in the hope of intimidating me, then i will fight back.

I will meet him, ( cant make tomorrow, but should be at the luton game)and see what happens, violence is a last resort, but i will not back down.

If he acted like a mature adult and stopped making threats then good.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:19Fri Jan 19 19:19:49 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Classic!!! You call him out and then 'can't make tomorrow'.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:22Fri Jan 19 19:22:29 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Did i say i was meeting him tomorrow?.

Should be at the luton game .

No, other commitments,are you one of the kids who liked to cause fights at school?.

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:24Fri Jan 19 19:24:27 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

No, I just don't like bullies.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:36Fri Jan 19 19:36:02 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 426

With all respect sir, i am not a bully, and if that has come across on here then i do sincerly apologise, and i mean that.

I know several people at boro, and they will tell you i am a quiet,passive person and i abhor violence of any kind.

Even when i watch the boro, you will never hear foul language coming from me......maybe the odd sod off ref .

Sorry to hear that you think that of me, because i certainly am not a bully.

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:39Fri Jan 19 19:39:59 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

It takes two to tango as my Grandad would always say.

It certainly has gone on long enough and seems to of escalated quickly!!

How about you guys meeting up for a pint and a cuddle. I will mediate :-)

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:47Fri Jan 19 19:47:01 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 416

I have not intended for this disagreement to come to what it is now.

He is passionate about the club,and so am i ( supporter since 1992) .

If there is going to be any fighting, i would rather it be with luton fans,than a fellow boro fan :-).

I dont like violence though, so it would have to be a pillow fight.

By Owen19/1 19:50Fri Jan 19 19:50:04 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

A pillow fight for charity. What a good idea.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:56Fri Jan 19 19:56:15 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 404

The loser picks up the feathers and counts them

By Owen19/1 19:56Fri Jan 19 19:56:38 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 403

Ha! Great idea!

By BaldockBoro (Balders)19/1 20:08Fri Jan 19 20:08:15 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Pillow fight would be dull.

Naked jelly wrestling however, now that would beat the current half-time entertainment.

Re: Hang on a minute

By Mercury 8819/1 19:26Fri Jan 19 19:26:12 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 450

Other people Bullie him but fuck all is said about that.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:27Fri Jan 19 19:27:53 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Views: 444

Do they? Well maybe it should be said.

By Mercury 8819/1 19:30Fri Jan 19 19:30:14 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

They rip the piss out of him but no one mentions that but as a fellow Boro fan just said to me he don't come on here anymore because the place is full of idiots.

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:34Fri Jan 19 19:34:03 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

True, fair point.

But just looking back at the 'Young Ben' thread, when there is a deliberate reply to a Farley comment which is simply nothing other than an insult - that's not great.

Surprised admin haven't stepped in.

By Sev19/1 20:07Fri Jan 19 20:07:00 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Busy day. Busy month.

I rarely come on here anymore, full of idiots. Haha.

By Nick (Nick.)19/1 21:24Fri Jan 19 21:24:08 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Views: 411

This.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:49Fri Jan 19 19:49:01 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

If this thread was put into a book, it may have more pages than the bible :-)

By Jonnym819/1 19:45Fri Jan 19 19:45:40 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Views: 422

Stepped in? This is the funniest thread there’s been for years

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:49Fri Jan 19 19:49:29 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Views: 409

It does go on, i must admit.

By Mercury 8819/1 19:38Fri Jan 19 19:38:19 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Views: 433

Imagine what the place is going to be like tomorrow if we get beat that will brew up another Borochat Jeremy Kyle show.

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 19:40Fri Jan 19 19:40:52 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Imagine the stats for the site... Admin will be delighted.

Fingers crossed we win and all will be forgiven :-)

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 19:57Fri Jan 19 19:57:01 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Views: 414

If nothing else, these past few days on here have been entertaining

Edited by Borohornet73 at 19:57:25 on 19th January 2018

By Mercury 8819/1 19:52Fri Jan 19 19:52:03 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

I bet the admin has a right migraine at times dealing with the Borochat aggro on here and deleting the posts.

I admitt I have had my fair share of arguments on here with certain individuals, but I've come to learnt to rise above drama and live life with getting on with one another and have banter not a personal war.

We are football fans not Jeremy Kyle guests.

As Freddie the legend Mercury once sung in the miracle, that time will come one day you'll see when we can all be friends.

By Owen19/1 19:56Fri Jan 19 19:56:06 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

Friends will be friends, right to the end.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)19/1 20:09Fri Jan 19 20:09:55 2018In response to Re: Hang on a minute Top of thread

I thought Friends was racist now?

By Bork19/1 19:06Fri Jan 19 19:06:37 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 428

So that’s the half time entertainment sorted for tomorrow. Who’s doing the pre-match?

By Ronnie Henry's severed fingers Lee-King Pett Fox. (Gaz Murray)19/1 19:40Fri Jan 19 19:40:55 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Pre match ritual?

By Bork19/1 19:02Fri Jan 19 19:02:18 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

UH-OH! SHIAT JUST GOT REAL!

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)19/1 18:20Fri Jan 19 18:20:16 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

And I offer my own apologies for being a bit of a sarcy twat. Keep up the positivity Matt (no matter how much I disagree) . ;-)

By Boromatt19/1 18:25Fri Jan 19 18:25:09 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 442

Haha! I guess that’s the thing with democracy etc, there’s always things we don’t agree on, I know I come across quite enthusiastic and bubbly, just the way my typing comes across, I get the predictions are always a win, just want to be positive! :)

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)19/1 15:07Fri Jan 19 15:07:28 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 501

Instead of insulting me on here young farley, perhaps you would like to say it to me face to face.

The contents of your mundane posts suggests that you were somewhere at the back of the queue when brains were dished out.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Boromatt19/1 18:06Fri Jan 19 18:06:47 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 446

Deal, outside east terrace and we can have a face to face discussions, 2:50, don’t bottle it. #bottlejob. Or will you even be there, #armchairfan

Edited by Boromatt at 18:09:23 on 19th January 2018

By BasingstokeBoro19/1 16:02Fri Jan 19 16:02:15 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 453

Whilst not a great gauge of Boro chatter opinion, I would look at the likes / dislikes of yours and Matts's posts before challenging him to a face to face. Possibly you need to reflect a little on why you seem to attract 'dislikes' so much?

The attention of his 'mundane posts' seems of interest on here, it at least sparks debate and interactions on here. I would suggest you simply use the ignore button.

Alternatively, why not start your own thread about tomorrow's 'massive game' with your own opinion? It might give you the attention you seem to crave.

#JustSaying

By BaldockBoro (Balders)19/1 16:01Fri Jan 19 16:01:31 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 454

You're embarrassing yourself now.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Copeysaurus19/1 13:38Fri Jan 19 13:38:45 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 512

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))19/1 10:46Fri Jan 19 10:46:20 2018In response to Re: m farleyTop of thread

Views: 555

LOLZ

By BasingstokeBoro17/1 20:02Wed Jan 17 20:02:07 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 943

Absolute pleasure. Happy to help.

By Boromatt17/1 19:52Wed Jan 17 19:52:39 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 964

Haha, could you imagine him being told they’re a big club, he’d probably cry.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)18/1 21:20Thu Jan 18 21:20:25 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 673

Why would i cry petal?.

By Boromatt17/1 19:46Wed Jan 17 19:46:00 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 930

Cheers mate! I’d be up for a pint! :)

By Lock1317/1 19:50Wed Jan 17 19:50:05 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 937

Matt - looks like you been put through the ringer today mate .Keep going don't listen to the bloody doom mongers (me included) Have as many pints as you like Saturday - Vinny's buying :)

By vinnyhen17/1 20:25Wed Jan 17 20:25:17 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 897

I don't drink at the weekends.

By Boromatt17/1 19:51Wed Jan 17 19:51:26 2018In response to Re: With respect matt (Defending Matt) Top of thread

Views: 922

Haha that made me laugh!! Pre match drinks Saturday haha!!

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:40Wed Jan 17 19:40:43 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 946

That still does not make them a huge,massive whatever club.

Yes they are bigger than us but they are never a huge club.

Celtci,rangers,Barcelona, real madrid and the top 5 teams I mentioned in my previous post are huge.

Are you comparing reading to any of the above?

5 people dislike this 5 people

By Boromatt18/1 00:19Thu Jan 18 00:19:44 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 818

I really don’t think you’ve read my thread properly little hornet. I stated “huge championship club”, so why have you mentioned Barcelona hahaha??!! Barcelona, Real Madrid etc are the biggest clubs in the world lol!! That footy knowledge is starting to worry me a tad. My year 6’s can make better connections.....

Edited by Boromatt at 00:19:57 on 18th January 2018
Edited by Boromatt at 00:21:44 on 18th January 2018

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 19:32Wed Jan 17 19:32:35 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 951

They’ve got a big stadium and a famous manager and they host a rock festival on their pitch every August bank holiday weekend. It’s obvious innit?

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:35Wed Jan 17 19:35:42 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 947

Lol.....oh yes I forgot about that.

Mk dons must be a big club because their stadium has a capacity of 30,500 I'm sure matt will agree.

4 people dislike this 4 people

By BaldockBoro (Balders)17/1 19:34Wed Jan 17 19:34:14 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 927

*cough* BoroFest

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 19:36Wed Jan 17 19:36:51 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 925

Oh yeah. On that basis, once we’ve built the North Stand and reinstalled the cardboard cutout of Teddy Sheringham in the technical area, we’ve hit the criteria to be a big club. Hopefully we’ll get them in the cup again next season and show them what’s what.

Edited by Geoff Wode at 19:37:27 on 17th January 2018

By BaldockBoro (Balders)17/1 19:23Wed Jan 17 19:23:35 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 932

Fight fight fight.

Or at least a footie quiz off.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:32Wed Jan 17 19:32:03 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 915

A footy quiz off....now that sounds interesting :-)

By Boromatt17/1 19:26Wed Jan 17 19:26:52 2018In response to Re: With respect mattTop of thread

Views: 919

Could you imagine!!

By Pat (PatJ5)17/1 15:53Wed Jan 17 15:53:08 2018In response to A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1105

We might learn lessons like "get within 20 yards of their wide midfielders before they've had chance to control the ball and decide what to do with it" although you might think that's so obvious you wouldn't need to get battered by it for an hour to learn it...

By Cruffers17/1 16:04Wed Jan 17 16:04:59 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1076

Or getting battered by it for most of the season. At least one of the goals last night was again a perfect example of that. It’s happening too much this season.

By Pat (PatJ5)17/1 16:10Wed Jan 17 16:10:50 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1073

Indeed. You can get away with it at home because the pitch is smaller but it's not wonder we struggle on larger pitches against teams who switch the ball well.

By Puds (Chuds)17/1 11:13Wed Jan 17 11:13:58 2018In response to A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1375

Hmm. Many many things I disagree with there.

None moreso than that: 'Also, I think it’s nice that we can solely concentrate on the league and get us over the dotted line.'

Your ambition for us seems to be just to stay up, based on every post you make and constant referrals to getting over the line and the gap between us and the drop zone. That is shit and a failure. We should be challenging top 10/playoffs. We have regressed this season, why are you so happy with it all?

We had 600-odd fans.

12 people like this 12 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Yogi17/1 12:25Wed Jan 17 12:25:19 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1269

Isn't Matt just been realistic?

Yes, we 'should' aim to achieve more, on paper our squad 'should' be in the top 10 but the fact is they aren't so shouldn't the first objective to be to secure our FL status?

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Puds (Chuds)17/1 18:21Wed Jan 17 18:21:20 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 975

No.

Realistic is top half. Ambition is playoffs/promotion.

Underachievement is just staying up.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Boromatt17/1 19:21Wed Jan 17 19:21:40 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 934

Let me ask you a question, at the moment do you think we are a Play Off team?

By Puds (Chuds)17/1 23:34Wed Jan 17 23:34:55 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 774

Well no, clearly not.

Hence us underachieving.

By Boromatt19/1 00:27Fri Jan 19 00:27:02 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 575

So surely if we're not a play off team and we currently sit below mid table, staying up is the goal at the moment?

By Puds (Chuds)19/1 07:40Fri Jan 19 07:40:18 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 547

No.

That is a ridiculous way of looking at it as the table can change so rapidly and your whole aim for the season would alter on a weekly basis. Lose a couple of games and you want us just to stay up, win a couple and you want us promoted.

By Boromatt19/1 14:32Fri Jan 19 14:32:04 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 478

But surely if we are down the bottom people at the club would be looking to increase that gap? I understand improving, picking up points and progressing up the table, but considering we're 15th and in a lot of people's eyes struggling under Darren's management, I would suggest that staying up is one of the goals this season.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)19/1 16:00Fri Jan 19 16:00:02 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 446

It is now. But it shouldn't be.

By Pete (PeteH)19/1 16:05Fri Jan 19 16:05:33 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 448

We are staying up, say we are staying up!

By BaldockBoro (Balders)19/1 16:20Fri Jan 19 16:20:14 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 453

It's clever of the management, ensuring we have something to play for right to the end.

Keeps people interested.

Edited by Balders at 16:20:24 on 19th January 2018

By Ratman4619/1 19:22Fri Jan 19 19:22:37 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 408

Will enjoy the "how shit must you be" songs when we take the lead.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 19:28Wed Jan 17 19:28:41 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 912

Genuinely? No. I think that given time we might be. Darren has shown that he can get a draw against the big boys like Wycombe and he even beat high-flying Accrington, so the roots are there. I’d say that once these roots have matured into bushes, then the bushes will start bearing fruit. I personally can’t wait, but we must be careful not to rush it. Give it maybe 2 or 3 more seasons, but only if we can hang to our youngsters like Kennedy, McKee and Gorman.

By Boromatt17/1 19:37Wed Jan 17 19:37:27 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

I’m guessing puds would say no too. If so, do you think we are a lower mid table team?

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 19:39Wed Jan 17 19:39:29 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

“do you think we are a lower mid table team?”

Based purely on the league table, I’d say yes.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)17/1 19:39Wed Jan 17 19:39:13 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 900

I do.

By Boromatt17/1 19:48Wed Jan 17 19:48:21 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 889

I’m sure Puds would say we are, so if we aren’t a Play Off team currently and we are a lower mid table team in the league, I understand that we want to go forward, but surely given our status at the moment, survival is the goal?

By Owen17/1 19:57Wed Jan 17 19:57:04 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 874

His point has always been that we've regressed since last season. We shouldn't be a bottom half team but we are. That's a bit shit.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 19:50Wed Jan 17 19:50:19 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 879

Survival is indeed the goal. Let’s not get too big for our boots by pretending it’s anything else.

By Lock1317/1 19:59Wed Jan 17 19:59:26 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 872

Yeh fk it . Let's celebrate every time we move into the top half. I'm done with being miserable . If we lose Saturday let's just enjoy it . I used to love that song ' You're nothing special we get beat every week' .

Sarrly in

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 20:00Wed Jan 17 20:00:54 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 869

Have you been to see my psychiatrist too?

By Lock1317/1 20:22Wed Jan 17 20:22:58 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 855

That was me behind the newspaper in the corner of the waiting room with the ginger afro

By Ratman4617/1 22:18Wed Jan 17 22:18:09 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 782

Sounds like we all go to the same one

By Boromatt17/1 12:39Wed Jan 17 12:39:00 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1212

Totally agree. Good point.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 11:55Wed Jan 17 11:55:48 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1296

I disagree. Achieving safety is a massive achievement IMO. Especially as most weeks we are playing against teams that are above us and who are therefore better than us. We should only realistically expect to gain points against teams below us in the table as they are not as good as us.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Boromatt17/1 11:40Wed Jan 17 11:40:34 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1297

I agree with your point about progressing and challenging for the top 10. IMO I just think survival for the club every season is key. I look at both as our main objectives every season, stay up and see if we can get ourselves near the top end.

By Pete (PeteH)17/1 11:45Wed Jan 17 11:45:10 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1274

I just think survival for the club every season is key.

You could say the same for Accrington, no? And, yet, there they are – third in the table...

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 11:57Wed Jan 17 11:57:14 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1247

Yes, but that is because they are better than us. I really wish people would stop all this nonsense as it merely heaps pressure on our young manager.

By Ratman4617/1 12:00Wed Jan 17 12:00:25 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1247

Thats life, someone will always be better, luckily we're better than the sides below us in the league, same with our manager.

By Ratman4617/1 11:56Wed Jan 17 11:56:39 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1233

And with lower attendances than us.

By vinnyhen17/1 11:40Wed Jan 17 11:40:04 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1268

Agreed, I can’t comment too much on last night as I wasn’t there but Matt’s posts are becoming a little monotonous. In recent games we are definitely playing some nice football but the constant theme is we don’t put away chances ( Godden proving he’s not Championship level ) and we concede too easily, it’s ok being positive but something has to change to turn our away form around. You may be proud Matt but we lost 3-0, it doesn’t matter it was the Cup, we need momentum and to be satisfied we’re edging away from relegation is so negative and is the reason so many of us are becoming disengaged with it all.
You may want to be fan of the year but come on man we can and should be better than our current status.

Edited by vinnyhen at 11:41:08 on 17th January 2018

By Boromatt17/1 11:47Wed Jan 17 11:47:40 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1265

But vinny, we’re small club, Reading aren’t, away against a team with more money, bigger resources, losing 3-0 away is what a lot of people would have predicted on paper. Look at Mansfield against Cardiff, 4-1. It’s the same, just Mansfield having more money than us. I’m not trying to be fan of the year, I’m a realist, I think we have a good team and a lot of potential, but we’re not Manchester United mate, results like that last night will happen against championship sides away. Anyone that’s played the game to a decent standard will tell you, it’s not rocket science. Yes I agree, we don’t want to lose any match, against anyone, but sometimes especially last night shit like that happens against sides 2 leagues above. As for momentum, we have 4 points from 2, a win Saturday and that 7 out of 3 matches and unbeaten in 3 league games.

By Copeysaurus17/1 12:26Wed Jan 17 12:26:54 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1220

I’m a realist

By vinnyhen17/1 12:21Wed Jan 17 12:21:33 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1219

At this moment in time Reading on the pitch look anything but a massive club and just going on the home game it was a fantastic opportunity to progress. I agree our resources are one of a club that maintaining League status is an achievement but as a fan I want to see mistakes and incompetence dealt with, not week after week doing the same hoping it changes. For example, for all their potential and putting them in the shop window should McKee and Wilmot play every week especially in the hurly burly of League 2? Do you really think they sat in that dressing room last night thinking, that was good I’ll be much better off for that experience despite losing 3-0. My point is as much as I admire Sarrl I sometimes think his ego has become bigger than what gets results, however in the bigger picture if given time and he gets practically a first 11 of youngsters that play decent stuff I’m onside for that but not sure it’ll happen quickly enough.

By borochris17/1 12:38Wed Jan 17 12:38:22 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1182

Reading were abysmal until we gifted them the first goal.
We could, and should, have put the game away.
If we had got that first goal then the score could easily have been 0-3.

By Boromatt17/1 12:37Wed Jan 17 12:37:39 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1204

Regardless if they haven’t been great vin, we’re still a small club away at a big club which were in the prem. I agree with your point about improving mistakes, we want to see improvements, but to justify those improvements in last nights tie were always going to be tough against a side two leagues above ourselves. Wilmot and McKee are both young, they will learn so much from a tie last night, I would agree if we got hammered that confidence for the young players wouldn’t have been great, but we didn’t get hammered. We played, had some great chances and a blatant penalty turned away. Head up, let’s all chill the fuck out and get back to the all important stuff which is League Two.

Edited by Boromatt at 12:37:58 on 17th January 2018

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 19:08Wed Jan 17 19:08:02 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 924

Reading being an ex premier league team has nothing to do with it.

Sheffiel Wednesday were in the premier league once and we beat them 5-1 at home and we have also beaten Coventry City and Sheffield utd who are ex premier league sides.

We didn't take our chances last night and were beaten .

Anyone who knows about football will know its what happens on the pitch not the oppositions previous premier league status.....Strewth.

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 20:25Wed Jan 17 20:25:29 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 856

Can't you just leave him alone now. I love Matt's enthusiasm. You're just constantly having digs at him. Making yourself look silly now.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 20:33Wed Jan 17 20:33:39 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 838

Who rattled your cage?

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 20:36Wed Jan 17 20:36:14 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 838

You did.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 20:32Wed Jan 17 20:32:10 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 843

Who rattled your cage?

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 20:35Wed Jan 17 20:35:53 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 844

You did.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 20:37Wed Jan 17 20:37:23 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 836

Well go sit in the corner and be quiet.

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 20:40Wed Jan 17 20:40:22 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 841

Haha. Big man. No I'll do as I like on a public forum.

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 21:01Wed Jan 17 21:01:22 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 826

Thats it... you tell me lol.

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 21:06Wed Jan 17 21:06:14 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 811

You're boring me now. You're not so good at this when someone confronts you. Anyway as I can see you need the last word so over to you....

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 21:10Wed Jan 17 21:10:40 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 818

No text

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 20:41Wed Jan 17 20:41:28 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 843

Thats it... you tell me lol.

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 20:45Wed Jan 17 20:45:50 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 833

Yes that was the idea. Well done you're learning. 👏👏

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet73)17/1 21:04Wed Jan 17 21:04:35 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 831

Good boy .....sonny:-)

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))18/1 13:45Thu Jan 18 13:45:49 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 722

One of the great great Borochat threads. Two giants fighting for supremacy. A festival of verbiage and rhetorical jousting

By Dave (daveadkins)18/1 15:28Thu Jan 18 15:28:26 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 702

Or 2 twats, talking bollocks and arguing who's got the biggest Willy.

By Dave (daveadkins)17/1 21:07Wed Jan 17 21:07:54 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 812

As I said above.

By Boromatt17/1 19:25Wed Jan 17 19:25:39 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 905

I can’t see how you’ve made your point using our team of 5 years ago. I’m on about our team now and the team we have now, IMO did really well yesterday and the only downfall was the chances missed. I agree, it’s all about what happens on the pitch, but I think the expectations for last night listening the feedback were very high. Yes it’s The FA Cup, but reality is away from home, it was always going to be tough.

By Cruffers17/1 12:53Wed Jan 17 12:53:53 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1177

I wasn’t there last night but I’ve just seen the highlights and that is never a blatant penalty.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 12:47Wed Jan 17 12:47:17 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1176

Who would be in your starting 11 this Saturday Matt? Does our recent corner-turning warrant some consistency for once in terms of team selection?

By Pete (PeteH)17/1 11:53Wed Jan 17 11:53:35 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1231

Reading aren’t, away against a team with more money, bigger resources, losing 3-0 away is what a lot of people would have predicted on paper. Look at Mansfield against Cardiff, 4-1. It’s the same

Cardiff are pushing for promotion to the Premier League. Reading are struggling to avoid a relegation battle to League One (they'll be fine, but that's not the point). A lot of people had us down for an upset last night.

By Boromatt17/1 12:00Wed Jan 17 12:00:23 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1231

I agree, considering the forms between ourselves and reading, there could have been an upset. But upsets don’t always happen. I’ll give you an example, a lot of my mates are spurs, Chelsea lads, prior to our tie last night they all said we’d get beat by a few. It’s not because they think we’re toilet, because we’re not, they said it because we’re small club in League Two and playing reading away at Reading who are a big club. They might be where they are in the league, but let’s not forget they made the cup semi final not so long ago and were in the premier league. I think boys played well last night and did the club proud with the performance, okay we didn’t get a result, but as I said in the thread before, shit happens against sides that are 2 leagues above us.

By Pete (PeteH)17/1 12:05Wed Jan 17 12:05:42 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1224

But upsets don’t always happen

No, you're right – they don't. That's why they're upsets.

By Boromatt17/1 12:10Wed Jan 17 12:10:44 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1224

If you’ve agreed that upsets don’t always happen, why does there seem to be a real downer on last night?

By Owen17/1 14:31Wed Jan 17 14:31:54 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1102

Probably because our season is over now. We've literally got fuck all left to play for until August.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 14:40Wed Jan 17 14:40:24 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1089

Apart from safety.

By Copeysaurus17/1 15:24Wed Jan 17 15:24:19 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1066

We're in no danger of going down. I agree with Owen. Season over.

Edited by Copeysaurus at 15:24:54 on 17th January 2018

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 15:36Wed Jan 17 15:36:54 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1053

Don’t tell anyone as it flies in the face of my new found positivity, but I agree.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)17/1 12:43Wed Jan 17 12:43:50 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1195

I don't think we played well. In any position.

We didn't defend as a unit.

They bypassed our midfield and we didn't see the ball for long periods.

We weren't remotely clinical up top and wasted our few good chances.

But we ran ourselves into the ground chasing shadows. So that's OK.

I don't think the team we played are a big championship team. They were a poor Championship team's second string.

As for a big shout out to the fans, some of the homophobic chanting (or banter with the home fans) was bloody embarrassing.

#perspective

By jayess17/1 21:27Wed Jan 17 21:27:57 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 801

That pretty much says it exactly as it was.
I also thought some of the chanting was disgraceful. That's not who we are.

By Ratman4617/1 22:24Wed Jan 17 22:24:29 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 774

Report them especially if at home

By Boromatt17/1 13:28Wed Jan 17 13:28:42 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1133

I accept your opinion, but I’m sorry, we were playing a side two leagues above who were in the prem not so long ago, compared to our club dwarfs us in many ways. Just have a look at the stats, it shows we played well and created some really good chances, okay we didn’t convert and that is the difference between the leagues. As for the homophobic chants, I didn’t hear that, if there is proof then obviously that’s horrid, without no evidence I can’t accuse anyone of singing things such as.

Edited by Boromatt at 13:29:35 on 17th January 2018

By BaldockBoro (Balders)17/1 19:27Wed Jan 17 19:27:29 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 896

Yes they are bigger.

Yes they more money and consequently their squad should be better.

But it wasn't their first team so that should close the gap.

They are in shit order as a club, struggling for confidence and form, so that should close the gap.

They have a manager they don't want, so that should close the gap.

Their confidence would have taken a knock after the first tie, so that should have closed the gap.

My point is it isn't a typical Championship Vs League 2 gap in class.

And I recommend you get your ears syringed ;)

By Boromatt17/1 19:44Wed Jan 17 19:44:28 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 884

I do understand your point about the gap closing, but ulitumately, the differences between ourselves and the championship is a huge difference. The guy that scored the hatrick played against England for Iceland when we lost for god sake lol! A World Cup player in June and young Ben Wilmot marked him for the full 90.

By vinnyhen17/1 19:29Wed Jan 17 19:29:05 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 893

Pardon

By BaldockBoro (Balders)17/1 19:33Wed Jan 17 19:33:23 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 886

I SAID I RECOMMEND GETTING YOUR EARS SYRINGED,

By borochris17/1 16:29Wed Jan 17 16:29:37 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1027

There was a LOT of homophobic chanting. I for one was very embarrassed to be in the stand.

By Boromatt17/1 17:57Wed Jan 17 17:57:37 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 953

If it was offensive surely the correct thing to do was tell a steward or video it? Then you’d have actual evidence.

By borochris17/1 18:34Wed Jan 17 18:34:03 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 926

Probably was - but I was too busy trying to actually watch the match

By Wader17/1 16:58Wed Jan 17 16:58:43 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1008

Surprised that there was homophobic chanting from our lot, a good number of them seem to be obsessed with seeing players knobs at home games!

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By vinnyhen17/1 14:01Wed Jan 17 14:01:26 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1105

Matt, the fact they were in the Premier is irrelevant, teams like Coventry, Luton etc have all been in the top division. The fact is on both occasions they were pretty average, we more than matched them but still didn’t win, playing well and matching teams above, below or wherever doesn’t win games.

By Boromatt17/1 15:19Wed Jan 17 15:19:38 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1049

Is it irrelevant though?? We’re smaller club playing a team that has been in the premier league not so long ago, when was the last time Luton and Coventry were in the prem? To more than match a championship side on both occasions I’d imagine that people would be proud of that, obviously my expectancy from last night was a little different than quite a few people’s, all I’m saying, is to play as well as we did against a big championship should be credited a little. There were times last night that where we were going to caught, it’s not necessarily poor defending, in League Two we might have dealt with it better, but because we were playing a team 2 leagues above, on a big pitch, playing against a quicker standard of football, it made it look like we didn’t do our jobs at times.

By Ratman4617/1 15:24Wed Jan 17 15:24:38 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1051

To be fair we look like not doing our jobs most away games irrespective of the opposition and division they're in.

By Ratman4617/1 12:50Wed Jan 17 12:50:02 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1152

Wondered what the complaint was from one of our fans on Twitter

By Pete (PeteH)17/1 12:15Wed Jan 17 12:15:12 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1208

I haven't made any comment about last night's result, have I?

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 12:04Wed Jan 17 12:04:33 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1227

Exactly this. We beat Portsmouth home and away last season yet people quickly forget that Pompey were league champions in 1949 and, more recently, 1950. It's this sort of short-sightednessity that undermines what we are trying to achieve as a football club, which is to accrue 50 points come the first week in May.

By vinnyhen17/1 12:25Wed Jan 17 12:25:11 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1193

Haha, your a cruel man!!

By Ratman4617/1 12:07Wed Jan 17 12:07:38 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1217

It's like being a Premier League team, those in the bottom half want to get to 40 and rightly so. Once we get to 50 we can push on.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 12:11Wed Jan 17 12:11:21 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1210

Yes, and Matt also alludes to this as well. But is there really a need to push on once we reach 50 points? That's when our ultimate objective has been reached and perhaps then the manager can start to plan for the following season's campaign to see whether any changes in personnel and formations etc (you know, the sort of technical stuff that people bang on about) will help us get to 50 points a little bit sooner next year. I understand that's what other clubs try to do. Getting distracted by a meaningless points-accumulation exercise may compromise this forward planning.

By Ratman4617/1 12:19Wed Jan 17 12:19:17 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1207

Once we get to 50 points the manager can try different things, he's under huge pressure to play youngsters and keep us in the FL, if he does that he's hit 3 of his KPI's set out. 3 out of 4 is good.

I think he already knows what he needs for next season, he'll make some changes this transfer window with the limited funds and players available. Then address the rest in the summer, but again due to our budget he won't get all what he wants and will need to compromise and gamble on a few.

If we survive this season and we're not pushing for the play offs next season he needs to go.

By Puds (Chuds)17/1 18:20Wed Jan 17 18:20:25 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 950

No he hasn't.

He'll have achieved 2/4.

The entertaining fast-flowing football is a huge fail.

The challenging for the playoffs (for that was the KPI, not staying up) looks to be a fail.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)17/1 19:06Wed Jan 17 19:06:19 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 916

“The entertaining fast-flowing football is a huge fail.”

I’m not so sure. Where we have failed to achieve this it’s probably because we’ve been playing teams higher in the table than us.

By Ratman4617/1 22:15Wed Jan 17 22:15:40 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 779

Who are faster than us with more entertaining players.

2/4, forgot it was a playoff spot. If we're not in the one of those spots this season sack him in May.

By Boromatt17/1 12:07Wed Jan 17 12:07:35 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1223

Good point about the Portsmouth stat. What I’m trying to say is, I don’t mean right once we get over the dotted line that’s it, season finished etc. I want to see the club challenge up the top, but sometimes I think people need bringing back down to ground a little with the expectancy of the team. Let’s not forget, our fanancials aren’t massive, for the money we have at the club I think we do great.

Edited by Boromatt at 12:09:05 on 17th January 2018

By Pete (PeteH)17/1 12:16Wed Jan 17 12:16:39 2018In response to Re: A very credible performanceTop of thread

Views: 1217

Previous thread: BoroGuide: The Catchiest Preview Title You’ve Ever Seen by Pete19/1 14:11Fri Jan 19 14:11:33 2018view thread