ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Blair Turgott by bcb1994Today 15:47Today at 15:47:19view thread

Oldest article: Boro Fives Table by Sev27/12/2017 18:14Wed Dec 27 18:14:53 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Reading Coach Bookings - Now CLOSED by SA Administrator14/1 14:15Sun Jan 14 14:15:40 2018view thread

Thoughts on a good point

By Boromatt14/1 11:13Sun Jan 14 11:13:01 2018

Views: 902

Finally, a result away from home, a very good point IMO, an absolute cracking goal from Fraser, probably one of the best goals I've seen live from a centre half, along with Robbo's at Alty and Fraser's last season.

It was tough yesterday, I thought we played some really good stuff going forward in the first half, created chances, we looked a threat down either flank, Matty Godden missed a sitter. I actually said to someone that I reckon if that chance was at home he would've scored it, being away and having not scored many goals away possibly he's been quite anxious in front of goal. The goal we conceded was sloppy, error at the back and couldn't clear out lines. I thought in the second half we controlled the match, we did give the ball away at times, but I thought we were so much the better team. When Fraser came on up top, I remembered thinking what on earth is going? Obviously the game plan was to use him as a target man, but never did I did think he'd produce a worldie like that!

Overall, a very good point, I've made a big deal about how we haven't picked up many draws away, if we'd just have 5 more draws away we'd be in a very good position in the league, so yesterday's point was vital. 11 points clear of the drop, nearly there to safety IMO. Tuesday round the corner, can't wait!

Also, congratulations to Ronnie!! What an achievement, a club legend and will go down IMO as our most loyal and passionate servant of the club! May that run continue....

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

Re: Thoughts on a good point

By Bankerbob14/1 18:03Sun Jan 14 18:03:48 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 533

Was he most loyal when he left for Luton? At least he saw the light and came back!

By Ratman4614/1 18:33Sun Jan 14 18:33:30 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 484

Don't think he had much choice, that fine manager of ours Gary Smith got rid of him.

From what I've read he didn't want to move his kids schools at the time so was a good fit for him and his family.

By Bankerbob15/1 16:17Mon Jan 15 16:17:46 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 187

Guilty as charged of not reading the full thread before posting!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)14/1 15:09Sun Jan 14 15:09:44 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 612

“11 points clear of the drop, nearly there to safety IMO.”

So many positives. I don’t understand why so many people are moaning.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ratman4614/1 17:37Sun Jan 14 17:37:36 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 517

Exactly, imagine being were Barnet are.

Our home form is good so we'll be fine.

By On me 'ead14/1 17:36Sun Jan 14 17:36:05 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 530

From the reaction from Boro posts and from Sarll, it seems we celebrate a point like we had won the game
Can't believe we have lowered our expectations so far

That would explain why people think DS is a good manager

7 people like this 7 people   

By Sev14/1 20:04Sun Jan 14 20:04:40 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 419

When we equalised I made it clear that a point wasn't good enough and we go for the win. To be fair they did push for the winner for the next few minutes before settling for a point in the last minute.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)14/1 14:44Sun Jan 14 14:44:15 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 631

DS: “I just thought when Newton came off, we just lost a bit of contestation in that final part of the pitch."

A. No shit Darren, that's what happens when you take off your most energetic striker. Surely even you could have foreseen that?

B. Contestation? Contest-fucking-ation?

Edited by Balders at 14:44:50 on 14th January 2018

7 people like this 7 people   

By Specky (Mike H)15/1 11:56Mon Jan 15 11:56:27 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 242

Contestation - "the action or process of disputing or arguing" :))

By Sev15/1 13:40Mon Jan 15 13:40:05 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 203

Sarll was doing a lot of that with Ellison during the game.

By argee14/1 19:35Sun Jan 14 19:35:47 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 417

Darren is not the sharpest chisel in the toolbox, he is a bit thick.

By Tucks14/1 17:27Sun Jan 14 17:27:46 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 501

Contestation - the new Sony games console endorsed by the Chelsea manager.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Sev14/1 15:29Sun Jan 14 15:29:45 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 553

We didn't have any "contestation" whilst he was on the pitch. He got booked then got into a little reaction stuff a bit later. Wise to take him off imo as he wasnt doing much and could have got sent off. But I'd have brought the Greek lad on.

By Cruffers14/1 15:11Sun Jan 14 15:11:34 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 548

These FA and UEFA courses are superb, aren’t they!!

#statethebleedingobvious

By Puds (Chuds)14/1 15:13Sun Jan 14 15:13:28 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 551

We should do a job swap between Sarll and Wenger.

Arsenal players and fans will be used to knocking it about without doing anything with it and not winning matches that Sarll can provide, and we'll get a big name manager in to increase our crowds. EAW!

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)14/1 15:15Sun Jan 14 15:15:57 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 546

That would absolutely destroy some of the 2CWs on here.

Oh......,

By Sev14/1 13:57Sun Jan 14 13:57:44 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 614

I feel it was two points dropped. Yes we rescued a point at the end but Morecambe were terrible and had we been on a winning run of away games with high confidence we would have won by 4 or 5. So it's a wasted opportunity to pick up 3 points against one of the poorer sides.

For much of the game we were in control without doing much to trouble them. And when we did get in good positions either missed or wouldn't shoot.

I thought on the whole it wasn't good enough.

It felt like we knew they were rubbish so could just relax and eventually we would win. Football doesn't work like that. You need to make things happen and we didn't have anyone making things happen. Just passing it around nicely until we get to their box then lose it. That's tolerable at 0-0 but at 1-0 down the opposition will happily let you have possession without doing anything.

When we brought on Fraser Franks I'm pretty sure it wasn't because Sarll thought he would volley the ball in the top corner from 18 yards. It was presumably to go long ball (hurrah!) and although Fraser won nothing in the air we did get the goal.

Side note: I still can't believe some people think we play long ball. We did for the last 10 minutes yesterday and that highlights how long ball we aren't, because there's a marked difference when we do change to long ball.

By vinnyhen15/1 18:57Mon Jan 15 18:57:02 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 166

Just watched Saturdays highlights, only 10 mins but looked like we played some nice stuff, Godden puts that header away and it could have been very different.

By Sev15/1 20:46Mon Jan 15 20:46:50 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 146

We played lovely stuff for the most. Like we often do. The opposition plays a lot of long balls and we pass it about on the floor. But they always seem to score and we don't.

By Puds (Chuds)14/1 12:32Sun Jan 14 12:32:55 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 686

It isn't a good point, it's another two points dropped.

9 people like this 9 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Cruffers14/1 13:47Sun Jan 14 13:47:35 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 607

It’s a good job we turned that corner.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)14/1 11:40Sun Jan 14 11:40:44 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 749

a club legend and will go down IMO as our most loyal and passionate servant of the club!

Apart from the time he left us to go and play for Luton.

Edited by Original Mr Wasp at 11:41:05 on 14th January 2018

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Boromatt14/1 11:42Sun Jan 14 11:42:24 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 740

Players come and go, it’s part of football. Ronnie is loyal servant, if he wasn’t he wouldn’t have had so many matches for the club.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Sev14/1 13:58Sun Jan 14 13:58:41 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 595

And he didnt choose to go to Luton. Gary Smith forced him out.

By Lock1314/1 11:35Sun Jan 14 11:35:09 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 752

That is certainly one way of looking at it Matt. My two-penneth ... probably get shot down by the happy clappy crowd :) .

The F.A. Cup is proving a useful distraction for what is relegation form in the League.
- We have 9 points from a possible 30
- We are 21st in the form table based on the last 10 games (Yeovil level with us and only Forest Green and Barnet in worse shape)
- The fact that Fraser scored a wonder goal in the last minute should not detract from the fact that we drew 1-1 with Morecambe (Watching Sarll afterwards you would have thought we'd won the fucking League)

We are in trouble in the League .

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Rotterdamboro14/1 17:59Sun Jan 14 17:59:42 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 483

If the current trend continues it will be Stevenage and AN.other at the basement next season, instead of Barnet and FGR.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Sev14/1 20:05Sun Jan 14 20:05:26 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 417

No chance.

By vinnyhen14/1 12:02Sun Jan 14 12:02:46 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 711

We’ve turned so many corners we’ve gone around on one circle. Until we get some drive and experience in midfield we’re bottom half material.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Boromatt14/1 11:40Sun Jan 14 11:40:47 2018In response to Re: Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 734

I agree with your point. However, I like to think that we’ve moved on from our state back in October etc. 4 points in 2 matches and unbeaten in our last 3 competitive matches. I understand your point about Morecambe, but they did in fact win there last 2 games. I do still think that a lot of work is needed, but we’re on the right path.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Owen14/1 11:27Sun Jan 14 11:27:45 2018In response to Thoughts on a good point Top of thread

Views: 740

That's a good review IMO.

Previous thread: Carlisle Saturday a Six Pointer by WASP15/1 20:02Mon Jan 15 20:02:41 2018view thread