ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Blair Turgott by Handyandy1Today 00:07Today at 00:07:41view thread

Oldest article: Team News by Mercury 8830/12/2017 14:08Sat Dec 30 14:08:18 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator27/1 17:36Sat Jan 27 17:36:15 2018view thread

Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisis

By Lock131/1 17:44Mon Jan 1 17:44:22 2018

Views: 1412

Well done Darren and team showed a bit of the old passion today . We were 1 nil down before I got on the terrace. Sarrly's letter must be on a bit of elastic in and out of his inside pocket.

Pett was good today. Hope he doesn't go in January.

6/12 not bad over the period .

The unbeaten run has begun - Darren probably end up being Manager of the Month and we will all wonder what Sev was on about these past few weeks :)

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisis

By Boromatt1/1 23:39Mon Jan 1 23:39:52 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 646

A fantastic win!! Thoroughly enjoyed today, a very impressive turn around from the players. At one point, I thought shit was hitting the fan, but the players showed a bit of heart and passion to get back into the game and win. A big confidence boost and a lovely 13 points cushion between us and the bottom two.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Roulette Len1/1 20:19Mon Jan 1 20:19:20 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 824

Anyone remember the Italians during WWII?

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Sev1/1 21:19Mon Jan 1 21:19:14 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 746

Was Baggio still playing then?

By Puds (Chuds)1/1 19:09Mon Jan 1 19:09:30 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 933

As I said elsewhere on here, we were never really going to be threatened with relegation as our team is too good compared to others in the league and that we'll continue to do the business at home even if we remain shit away. It was also the win I predicted to kick us off being unbeaten in the league throughout January, albeit the scoreline did not in any way reflect the reality of the game or performance.

Again, that wasn't pretty. I thought it was another pretty poor and directionless performance, lacking in intensity and creativity and not offering up much excitement. Some of our passing was APPALLING. I'm still not sure how we managed to score four. And they could have had a good few themselves too (hit the bar, hit the post, cleared off the line, great save from Fryer, couple of great blocks in our box to deny them).

BUT today was all about the result, the performance didn't matter one iota. And with the pressure that was on us and the pitch cutting up we were never really going to put in a good passing display. We did the job, got the win we needed and have a comfortable gap between us and the bottom three who are being cast adrift a bit now, so we can now play with far less pressure on us and hopefully as a result a lot more confidence and freedom.

I said I thought Sarll needed a minimum of six points from the four festive games and that's what we got, banging in nine goals in two home games too. There remains many concerns and I maintain he's not going to get us promoted this season or in the future, but hopefully today again proves he should be given until the end of the season unless things really go badly and PW can assess things then without any question marks our leadership at present.

Another crowd below 2000 though, which is a huge concern. We've only had eight crowds below 2000 in our FL history and five of those eight have been in the past 12 months.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Sev28/1 18:58Sun Jan 28 18:58:02 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 329

One more to go. Chuds knows.

By Puds (Chuds)28/1 20:39Sun Jan 28 20:39:55 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 278

Oooh! I was very intrigued by what on earth that post said! Assumed it was you mocking me :(.

Having just read through it in its entirety, almost a month later, I still stick by every word of it too. As you say, Puds knows, Puds always knows.

By Sev28/1 21:38Sun Jan 28 21:38:01 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 232

Sometimes I can be nice to you.

By Puds (Chuds)28/1 22:22Sun Jan 28 22:22:07 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 215

And I love it when you do.

We should share a warm ice cream together x

Edit: What made you read that post from Jan 1st, by the way?

Edited by Chuds at 22:22:43 on 28th January 2018

By Sev28/1 23:10Sun Jan 28 23:10:54 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 207

I searched for it. I remember you saying we wouldn't lose in January so went and found it. Thought we had finished January but them remembered we had Swindon rearrange.

By Sev1/1 19:13Mon Jan 1 19:13:37 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 884

*And with the pressure our own fans put on us

I noticed Godden didn't celebrate his goal much, and looked very Moro-like. Not smiling.

He won't be sad to leave for a bigger club....

By Ratman461/1 19:34Mon Jan 1 19:34:36 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 809

Didn't think you were at the game, abroad watching on iFollow?

He came over to say goodbye before he was subbed today, ran to the ET as he knew he was coming off.

Or was just time wasting.

By Sev1/1 19:39Mon Jan 1 19:39:42 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 810

Saw the goals on Sky Sports News earlier. Have to watch them to mark Boro Fives to see who got assists etc. And never listen to the presenter who said Godden flicked the header on for Pett's first (it was Newton) and also that Newton is a midfielder.

By Tucks1/1 18:59Mon Jan 1 18:59:44 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 892

We didn't look the better team to the tune of 4-1 in my opinion. They had a few chances which could have changed things that I can think of off the top of my head, Fryer made a good stop from one, another went just wide of the post and a third hit the bar.

But we scored four, nine goals in our last two home games is a good thing for sure. While I maintain they didn't look lethal having a front four of Newton, Godden, Kennedy and Pett (or swap in Samuel/Whelpdale) we will score goals if we get shots off and balls into the box.

The defence is still suspect for me. A big lack of pace and we don't look great at facing corners/set pieces.

I'm still not sure where I stand on Sarll in/out. I believe we need a centre back and centre midfielder in this window though. I'll settle for two centre backs allowing King to play in midfield even.

By BaldockBoro (Balders)1/1 19:13Mon Jan 1 19:13:00 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 844

We only need a CB if you don't think Wilko or Franks aren't good enough to partner King. We have TVC as cover across the back as well.

King clearly ain't shifting into CM,so yes we need a combative CDM.

We also need a RB/RW with pace and defensive ability to push/replace Ronnie and to inject some pace into the side.

And we need a GK.

If I had to buy just one, it'd be a GK. If i could have two, it'd be a GK and a CDM.

By Freemo2/1 08:43Tue Jan 2 08:43:41 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 541

Couple of Januarys ago we got Tonge in and he was exactly what we needed for that half a season. Would be good if a similar signing came in.

By Tucks1/1 19:33Mon Jan 1 19:33:22 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 796

I'd just stick Day back in to solve the GK issue.

A CB or two (there's no reason King can't play in midfield, I haven't seen Sarll say he's solely a CB now) or one CB and that combative CM is what I'd be looking for.

I can't see any pace being injected on the wings and I'd say it's a bonus not a necessity if a full back is quick. Ronnie's issue now is that he's slow, not that he isn't fast. I'd give TVC some game time out there perhaps.

By Ratman461/1 19:32Mon Jan 1 19:32:24 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 785

I'd prefer someone like Dean Parrett in the middle, use Smith as the CDM.

GK is a concern, zero confidence but did pull off a very good and vital save to keep it at 2-1.

By Jonnym81/1 19:33Mon Jan 1 19:33:52 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 787

There’s no chance we’ll get Parrett he’s in panto until the end of Feb

By Ratman461/1 19:36Mon Jan 1 19:36:00 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 773

Oh no he isn't

2 people like this 2 people   

By Sev1/1 18:25Mon Jan 1 18:25:58 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 969

:) I wanted a minimum of 7 points from these 4 fixtures.

But the win today gives us more breathing space. Need to show we can win away. And next up is Morecambe so ideal opportunity. Which we'll no doubt waste.

By Lock131/1 18:27Mon Jan 1 18:27:43 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 953

nope unbeaten Jan mate - Chuds has decreed it

By Puds (Chuds)1/1 19:16Mon Jan 1 19:16:23 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 825

Don't know how many times I need to prove I know all about L2 footy, mate!

Sitting top or near the top of the prediction competition all season every season should be proof enough, but I'll just add in other predictions on here as well to back up the case :p. That's the first win as predicted, we won't lose again in the league until February. Just you wait :o).

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))1/1 21:02Mon Jan 1 21:02:41 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 696

I’m attending on Satdi. Wet January

By Sev1/1 21:22Mon Jan 1 21:22:25 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 678

Saturday will see our attendance rocket back up to 3500.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))1/1 22:04Mon Jan 1 22:04:39 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 639

I was at Saffron Walden in 90

By Lock131/1 19:21Mon Jan 1 19:21:43 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 805

Yep I'm with you mate .

By BaldockBoro (Balders)1/1 18:17Mon Jan 1 18:17:37 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 1003

How long since we've come from behind to win?

With our confidence shot, and the atmosphere probably being poisonous after their opener, to come back and push on like that shows the squad do have some bollocks after all.

Just need to get them out more often.

Was it as emphatic as the score line and the learned Twitteratti suggests?

By Puds (Chuds)1/1 19:24Mon Jan 1 19:24:10 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 798

Accrington at home in October.

It was not emphatic, it was the least deserved 4-1 you'll see. Chesterfield was a very impressive display, today was not in any way other than our ruthlessness in front of goal. They also had many many chances. But as I say elsewhere, today was about the result and nothing else. So it was job very much done.

By Lock131/1 18:23Mon Jan 1 18:23:51 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 962

As Pat mentioned it was a strange game. After we went in front never really in doubt. Me and Vinny spent more time talking about our electricity bills

By Jonnym81/1 19:13Mon Jan 1 19:13:52 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 835

You seriously expect us to believe you and Vinny have electricity?

By Lock131/1 19:16Mon Jan 1 19:16:54 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 813

lol- like it .

By Owen1/1 18:27Mon Jan 1 18:27:12 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 952

Shocking performance?

By Lock131/1 18:28Mon Jan 1 18:28:30 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 957

lol - I'm a bit slow got it on the second read

By Sev1/1 18:40Mon Jan 1 18:40:25 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 913

Helped improve our CURRENT form.

By Owen1/1 18:45Mon Jan 1 18:45:58 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 880

There may be some resistance on here.

By Sev1/1 19:10Mon Jan 1 19:10:15 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 831

Sounds like we sparked into life after going one down today.

By Owen1/1 19:12Mon Jan 1 19:12:29 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 810

There was a real buzz from around 20 minutes onwards.

By Sev1/1 19:16Mon Jan 1 19:16:45 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 797

Glad we're on the same wavelength now, after getting our wires crossed earlier.

By Owen1/1 19:33Mon Jan 1 19:33:50 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 754

I don't want anyone to get hertz.

By Freemo1/1 17:55Mon Jan 1 17:55:48 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 1097

Hasn't it gone quiet on here?

By Owen1/1 18:21Mon Jan 1 18:21:31 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 958

I'm delighted with the convincing win today after some (warranted) criticism recently. Hope it's the start of a good run.

By SA Administrator1/1 17:49Mon Jan 1 17:49:15 2018In response to Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 1099

Did you have 4-1 today?

By Lock131/1 17:55Mon Jan 1 17:55:30 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 1070

Nope 4-0 mate - damn first goal.

Papering Over the cracks ?

By Junction 71/1 18:47Mon Jan 1 18:47:20 2018In response to Re: Borochat: We won't make a drama out of a crisisTop of thread

Views: 942

Isnt this just papering over the cracks though ?

Team arguing with each other on the pitch
Franks and Henry almost coming to blows
Smith talking to the bench like they where his servants demanding a new shirt cos he was bleeding
Players ignoring Sarl instructions ( which I don’t blame them) and giving the stink eye to !!

5-1 against Chesterfield Sunday league and now 4-1 against Cheltenham social club don’t make us a good team there’s more going on underneath all this as Sarl lost the dressing room ???? I wouldn’t be suprised tbh

Edited by Junction 7 at 18:47:38 on 1st January 2018

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Papering Over the cracks ?

By Jonnym81/1 19:14Mon Jan 1 19:14:48 2018In response to Papering Over the cracks ? Top of thread

Views: 847

I hope we can continue papering over the cracks

By Sev1/1 19:14Mon Jan 1 19:14:43 2018In response to Papering Over the cracks ? Top of thread

Views: 842

You love stirring Boycie! :)

By Junction 71/1 20:17Mon Jan 1 20:17:14 2018In response to Re: Papering Over the cracks ? Top of thread

Views: 759

Who me ? Don’t know what you mean I’m just a miserable old man remember 🙄

By BaldockBoro (Balders)1/1 19:07Mon Jan 1 19:07:22 2018In response to Papering Over the cracks ? Top of thread

Views: 867

Are you related to East Herts Boro by. Any chance?

Previous thread: Yeovil players of the past? by WASP26/1 21:05Fri Jan 26 21:05:29 2018view thread