ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Even More from me by DonnellyrdToday 12:28Today at 12:28:07view thread

Oldest article: Boro fixture cards..... by WASP5/8 14:18Sat Aug 5 14:18:04 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Attendance by Sev13/9 22:36Wed Sep 13 22:36:24 2017view thread

Thoughts on the point

By Boromatt13/9 16:48Wed Sep 13 16:48:16 2017

Views: 459

Not a bad point but easily could have been 3. I'm not too downhearted about yesterday's result, conditions were horrid, missing Wilko, Fraser went off for the last 30, an unsettled backline without Fraser and Wilko together (although I thought Toner was man of the match). I do agree with people's concerns about Pett in the middle, i think Tom should be in a central attacking role, rather than a playmaker in the middle. Also, he is quite small and doesn't offer that strength and solidity in the middle of the pitch.
Another great finish from Danny Newton, definitely highlight of the game after a decent first half performance. I think overall, I'm not too dissapointed, I do agree with a post earlier made about being 7th and actually people could look at our start in a very positive way, 3 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss is a very good start! I think yesterday was one of those things, another big one Saturday away at Swindon, can't wait!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   10 people dislike this 10 people

Re: Thoughts on the point

By Pete (PeteH)14/9 15:00Thu Sep 14 15:00:26 2017In response to Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 145

Not a bad point

I stopped reading after that.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Puds (Chuds)14/9 18:16Thu Sep 14 18:16:41 2017In response to Re: Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 91

Good to have you back, Pete.

By Rotterdamboro (Big Robbie's glue-sniffing emporium)13/9 21:54Wed Sep 13 21:54:21 2017In response to Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 257

It depends on how you much you care about entertainment and value for money. Yes, a draw and a point isn't anything to get that upset about, although there were plenty of moans last night from fans saying one point from back to back home games wasnt good enough. But did you actually enjoy it, especially that awful second half? Did you walk/drive/bus home having had a satisfactory evening? Personally I wish I hadn't bothered. I paid 24 quid for me and a tenner for my 11 year old to sit in the main stand. Was it worth £34. Absolutely not. A tenner for an 11 year old to watch League 2 dross? Definitely not. We won't come too often this season. Wallace should take a leaf out of Barnet's books and charge a fiver for juniors. That might get more fans along as last night was like the Marie Celeste. You can seey why

4 people like this 4 people   

By Mercury 8813/9 16:53Wed Sep 13 16:53:53 2017In response to Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 394

Quote - conditions were horrid, missing Wilko, Fraser went off for the last 30. Whats that got to do with not winning ?

Edited by Mercury 88 at 16:54:18 on 13th September 2017

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Boromatt13/9 17:33Wed Sep 13 17:33:35 2017In response to Re: Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 342

Considering we've got a few injuries and niggles including Fraser having to go off, no Wilkinson and the conditions last night were shit, a point isn't a terrible result.

4 people like this 4 people   

By BaldockBoro (Baldock)14/9 15:25Thu Sep 14 15:25:32 2017In response to Re: Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 120

They played in the same conditions. They lost a player to injury and had a couple officer team options unavailable. The loss of Wilko and later of Franks had nothing to do with our poor shape and tempo.

A point isn't a terrible result no.

But put on many more shows like that and the moans will grow louder. If a Sheringham team had put that performance on they'd have been boo'd off.

It's done now. We move on and hopefully LEARN something from it so we don't repeat it too often.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Mercury 8813/9 18:42Wed Sep 13 18:42:10 2017In response to Re: Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 301

I'm impressed with the current start and as you said I think it was, it's been our best start to the season since the 2012/13 campaign when Smith was here. If we were like Port Vale then yeah I would understand the negative discussion's but each to their own opnion. Here's to hopefuly what continues to be a successful season for the Boro.

Edited by Mercury 88 at 18:42:59 on 13th September 2017

2 people like this 2 people   

By Ratman4613/9 21:46Wed Sep 13 21:46:27 2017In response to Re: Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 241

Let's hope the season doesn't pan out the way it did under Smith as that was horrible to watch after a very good start to the season.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By MSFC13/9 18:26Wed Sep 13 18:26:40 2017In response to Re: Thoughts on the pointTop of thread

Views: 317

I would be careful. Anything remotely positive is not allowed on here these days.

3 people like this 3 people   

Previous thread: Card payments on the gate by WASP14/9 07:23Thu Sep 14 07:23:20 2017view thread