ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.borochat.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Even More from me by DonnellyrdToday 12:28Today at 12:28:07view thread

Oldest article: Boro fixture cards..... by WASP5/8 14:18Sat Aug 5 14:18:04 2017view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: New website by Donnellyrd15/9 09:09Fri Sep 15 09:09:31 2017view thread

The Thread That Shan't Be Named

By AgentEves12/9 20:27Tue Sep 12 20:27:16 2017

Views: 1335

Toner has looked better and more comfortable in the middle to be fair to him.

Pett vs 38 yr old Bulman & Jimmy Smith. You'd think if he's gonna boss a game, it's got to be against these two...

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The Thread That Shan't Be Named

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:25Tue Sep 12 23:25:23 2017In response to The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 820

Aside from another belter of a goal from Newton, Toner was by far the biggest positive tonight. Thought he looked good in his actual position. Vancooten did a decent enough job covering at CB too. Glad Martin is fit too. Desperately hope Fraser isn't out for long, he's been really good this season. Some nice positives there.

Other than that...awful awful match, tiny crowd, so boring and no intent from us second half. No creativity, no idea, no cohesion, no intensity, no apparent desire, so many pointless long balls tonight, Pett YET AGAIN gave the ball away softly in a dangerous position which resulted in them equalising, after which we looked like we settled for a draw. How many times does Kennedy want to shoot from 30 yards and blast it straight out of the ground when he has good options in front of him to pass to? Some of those can be excused, at least in part by our injuries and suspensions, some of those things are simply not acceptable. Wilko has to get a bollocking for what we were left with tonight as a result of his sheer stupidity on Saturday. I am SO infuriated by Sarll, it is stubbornness, pure and simple, which is costing us games. Everybody else can see it. The number of people that spoke to me as I was walking out the ground tonight, ALL OF THEM ripping into DS for endlessly and needlessly playing Pett in CM. ARGH! Hopefully this'll be the last we see of that now Gorman is back available.

By far our worst performance of the season tonight, really poor. Ah well, had a great night with the bets. Rowan Liburd scored again too.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By RockyBottom13/9 11:17Wed Sep 13 11:17:53 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 517

Franks improvement is one of the biggest positives for me this season. Looks much more composed and confident.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By elvisborohornet (Borohornet)13/9 16:05Wed Sep 13 16:05:25 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 344

I have always rated franks.

By Sev13/9 13:10Wed Sep 13 13:10:48 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 427

Genuine question because my memory is shit, was it last season he played most games at left back. So would look better this season in his natural position?

By Copeysaurus13/9 13:23Wed Sep 13 13:23:35 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 408

definitely played a handful at left back but don't think it was most of them

By Sev13/9 13:29Wed Sep 13 13:29:26 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 401

I thought Knig and Wilkinson were our first choice and Wells as well.

Now I've started to remember a bit more, we did have Ogilvie and Ntlhe who would've been left back.

So Franks was a bit part player and probably playing in a different CB pairing each time. Goes to show (for me) that given a consistent run in the team and a consistent team to play in, most players will improve.

Play a player 15 minutes here and there, they'll never show much.

By Puds (Chuds)13/9 13:59Wed Sep 13 13:59:57 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 392

I can think of one example where playing 90 mins every game isn't helping a player's performances.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Dave (daveadkins)13/9 19:06Wed Sep 13 19:06:50 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 276

Greg Tansey?

By Ratman4613/9 14:49Wed Sep 13 14:49:10 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 365

As per DS interview last night they come good 9-10 games into the season, still time yet.

By AgentEves13/9 16:29Wed Sep 13 16:29:07 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 325

Ha, I laughed at that. What a load of bullshit.

By Deano (deanos13)13/9 19:02Wed Sep 13 19:02:36 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 292

I can't imagine what would happen if I only worked well Monday to Wednesday and then Friday.

By Jonnym814/9 12:27Thu Sep 14 12:27:04 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 174

You'd be amazed at the improvement in yourself?

By Ratman4613/9 21:36Wed Sep 13 21:36:09 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 220

The gaff would close

By BaldockBoro (Baldock)13/9 01:01Wed Sep 13 01:01:54 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 718

If I was asked to describe a typical shitty Conference wet windy night game, tonight would be it. First half wasn't very good, second half from us was abysmal, the worst I've seen in a fair while. Crawley won't be in the EFL next season if that's a typical performance. They were as bad as us.

Bar our goal, which I bloody missed, there was no entertainment beyond the first 5 minutes.

Credit to the singers for keeping going, badly, but they kept singing long after I'd given up even muttering to myself.

Toner was easily our best player. Terence had a solid debut too. Those are my positives.

Sarll suggesting we were trying to play football (made some vague Barcelona Vs West Brom reference in his 3CR post match interview too, the cheeky bastard) had me wondering what game he was watching. It was hoof into the channels, rinse and repeat, for about 75 of the 90 minutes interspersed with lots of sitting down and the odd Kennedy glory seeking effort onto the A602. The only passing we really did was sideways, slowly in our own half, or to them.

Never mind. We didn't lose.

4 people like this 4 people   

Godden

By RockyBottom13/9 12:04Wed Sep 13 12:04:32 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 576

Anyone else think Godden looks like he has had his head turned by the Charlton offer? Looks a shadow of the player he was last season to me. Not just talking about the goals but his whole work-rate and attitude. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it....

7 people dislike this 7 people

Re: Godden

By Jonnym813/9 13:32Wed Sep 13 13:32:52 2017In response to Godden Top of thread

Views: 459

yes, I get that sense too. I thought he looked lively in the first half on Saturday but aside from that the jurys out. That said, he's been injured so this could be affecting his performance levels.

By Tucks13/9 13:23Wed Sep 13 13:23:24 2017In response to Godden Top of thread

Views: 444

No.

He wasn't banging in a goal a game last year, he was scoring here and there and then had a real purple patch. He'll hopefully start scoring more frequently again soon and when he does, if Newton is also still scoring at the rate he currently is we'll have defences cacking themselves.

By Sev13/9 13:12Wed Sep 13 13:12:50 2017In response to Godden Top of thread

Views: 433

Playing in a different system with a different strike partner. As long as the partnership is producing goals I don't care who gets them. He maybe can't shine as much because he's sharing the duties now.

By Goolies13/9 12:32Wed Sep 13 12:32:39 2017In response to Godden Top of thread

Views: 461

Shadow of himself is harsh. He looks fine. Not at his best by any means, but fine. He'll get better I'm sure.

By Ratman4613/9 12:34Wed Sep 13 12:34:47 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 451

Agree, first 20 mins the front 2 were good.

Both are working hard but when we drop off the gap between midfield and them is too big and they become isolated which then leads to long balls.

By AgentEves13/9 12:17Wed Sep 13 12:17:03 2017In response to Godden Top of thread

Views: 451

Rubbish.

By SFC George13/9 12:12Wed Sep 13 12:12:06 2017In response to Godden Top of thread

Views: 452

Don't think our system benefits him. He's making the same runs but we're not getting him the ball.

There seems to be a massive gap between the midfield and strikers where our midfield go deep and get their pass percentages up with the defence before it's lumped to a corner.

First 10 minutes we were playing great stuff and Matt was involved in that, then as the game went on our creativity disappeared and we resorted to giving it to Kennedy to do his trademark cut in a shoot.

The ball never seemed to make the feet of Godden or Newton in advanced positions where a striker partnership is beneficial.

By RockyBottom13/9 16:31Wed Sep 13 16:31:10 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 314

I do think he looks better when played as a loan striker.

By Cruffers13/9 17:48Wed Sep 13 17:48:26 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 294

I thought he'd signed permanently for us?

By peanut13/9 12:31Wed Sep 13 12:31:47 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 435

As much as I like playing Godden and Newton we surely need someone a bit more attacking (like Kennedy) in the middle closing the gap between the two midfielders and the forward(s). Playing Smith who's defensively minded and Pett in some odd Pirlo-type role just leaves a huge gap which is why we end up punting it forward. That would probably mean dropping one of the strikers but it would make a huge difference and make playing the type of football that Sarll wants much more achievable

By Sev13/9 13:17Wed Sep 13 13:17:42 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 395

You could change the shape without necessarily dropping either striker So the attack would look like this

------------------Godden-------

Newton ---------------------------- Kennedy

--------------------Pett----------------------------

-------------Smith----Gorman---------------

Martin---Franks----Toner-------Henry

-------------------Day----------------------------

By BaldockBoro (Baldock)13/9 13:31Wed Sep 13 13:31:50 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 376

That would require Kennedy and Newton to assist their fullbacks. Otherwise Ronnie would get roasted.

Not a fan of a 4-3-3 with 2 of the front 3 being strikers asked to play supporting roles.

Might work with Pett and Samuel or Whelpdale supporting Godden (or Newton), they perhaps have a bit more of a defensive aptitude.

By Sev13/9 13:40Wed Sep 13 13:40:13 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 373

Gorman/King and Smith ideally sit when we go forward and can push out wide to assist full backs if we lose possession. Otherwise yes, Kennedy and Newton would be helping out as they should.

By AgentEves13/9 16:32Wed Sep 13 16:32:33 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 303

Exactly, the wing forwards wouldn't offer much defensively, it would be the midfield three that would offer it.

The oppo cant attack down both sides at once, so 3 CMs should be able to cover the two CM and RM/LM position (defensively) depending on which side the oppo attacks down.

I.E. if the ball comes down our right, the RCM moves over to RM (defend), the CM becomes RCM, and the LCM stays LCM. If the ball comes down the left, the LCM becomes LM, CM becomes LCM and RCM stays RCM.

Not sure if that makes sense, but that's, theoretically, how 4-3-3 is meant to work.

By peanut13/9 16:40Wed Sep 13 16:40:09 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 307

That would definitely be the best way to play the type of football Sarll seems to want, but considering one of our current centre midfielders can barely play there at all I don't exactly trust his ability to be able to shift across the pitch and cover.

With King/Smith/Gorman/Ferry/Beautyman in the middle it would work a treat but then I'm not sure I'd really want to push one of Godden or Newton onto a wing...being the manager is more tricky than it seems!

By AgentEves13/9 16:49Wed Sep 13 16:49:16 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 302

I would actually, if I were picking the team, play Newton OR Godden. With Samuel (or maybe Beautyman) on the left and Kennedy on the right. I would just platoon Newton and Godden and play different ones depending on the opposition. If I were going to play both, I'd be more inclined to play Godden on the right/left (he's a bit faster, and smaller, and is good with the ball to feet) whilst Newton would do all the hard work in the middle.

I'd then play Beautyman (assuming he doesn't play wide) King and Gorman left to right as the midfield 3. Gorman can cover the right side, Beautyman the left, whilst King acts as a half back (half centre back, half midfielder). King drops deep to make up the numbers at the back, but also stays deep when we attack in order to recycle the ball.

Alternatively, I'd play the same midfield three, but with Kennedy in AMC, and Newton and Godden central up front.

By Jonnym813/9 13:42Wed Sep 13 13:42:25 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 371

If we are playing a lone striker, I'd be interested to see Samuels in that position. Looks to have the energy and workrate to play that role.

By AgentEves13/9 16:33Wed Sep 13 16:33:21 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 301

Apart from being 3ft 4 and not being able to hold the ball up. But yeah, perf.

By Jonnym814/9 12:26Thu Sep 14 12:26:12 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 165

And you know he can't hold the ball up how? Or are you suggesting that by having a lone striker we must play balls into his head? I thought you'd coached football?

By AgentEves14/9 13:59Thu Sep 14 13:59:18 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 148

"And you know he can't hold the ball up how?"

By using my eyes. You should try it some time :)

"Or are you suggesting that by having a lone striker we must play balls into his head?"

No, where did I say, or even suggest that? Being able to use his head doesn't dictate whether or not he can hold the ball up. I assume you're referring to the fact that I mentioned his height... this has nothing to do with aerial balls and more to do with his stature and ability to hold off defenders. It's not an absolute rule, but generally you'd expect that a bigger player would be more adept at holding the ball up than a smaller player.

"I thought you'd coached football?"

I am a qualified coach, yes. Which is why I was able to answer your questions so easily.

By Jonnym814/9 19:02Thu Sep 14 19:02:27 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 128

How often have you seen him in his left wing cameos having to hold the ball up as he would have to up front? You haven't.

His height - you're making an assumption about height and ability to hold up the ball. He's the same size as Alan Shearer. He wasn't bad at holding up the ball.

Congratulations.

By AgentEves15/9 08:06Fri Sep 15 08:06:14 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 85

I am making an assumption, because it's reasonable to assume that a bigger player will hold the ball up better than a smaller player.

He played up front towards the end on Tuesday, and I saw him try and fail to hold the ball up a few times. Also, just because you're on the wing doesn't mean you don't have to hold the ball up.

Your comparison to Alan Shearer is comical. In what possible scenario is Samuel the same build as Shearer? I am referring to the general size of a player, not literally just his height. Shearer and Samuel are also completely different players.

Kennedy

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)13/9 12:55Wed Sep 13 12:55:44 2017In response to Re: Godden Top of thread

Views: 438

One of the balls from his shots last night smashed a greenhouse pane in Chells Manor.

By Jonnym813/9 08:19Wed Sep 13 08:19:10 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 585

Spot on, this perfectly sums up the evening.

By BaldockBoro (Baldock)13/9 08:24Wed Sep 13 08:24:44 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 563

I have to credit Deano for the conference analogy. But thought it apt, so stole it.

By AgentEves13/9 07:48Wed Sep 13 07:48:40 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 590

"Sarll suggesting we were trying to play football (made some vague Barcelona Vs West Brom reference in his 3CR post match interview too, the cheeky bastard) had me wondering what game he was watching. It was hoof into the channels, rinse and repeat, for about 75 of the 90 minutes interspersed with lots of sitting down and the odd Kennedy glory seeking effort onto the A602. The only passing we really did was sideways, slowly in our own half, or to them."

I like what Sarll is trying to achieve, but I honestly wonder what exactly he's watching. Clearly he's trying to be positive, but he keeps banging on about a passing style, yet all the defenders do is launch it. Despite him alluding to that in his interview (saying how Pett needs the ball to feet cos he's 4.5 feet) I don't know why we are 7 games in and the defenders seemingly aren't aware that they shouldn't be launching it long.

That said, once Franks went off, and with Wilko out, we were hoofing it far less. Vancooten and Toner can carry on at CB tbh. They both looked solid and at least they can actually pass the ball accurately to our midfielders.

The tempo yesterday was completely wrong, yet Sarll thinks it was acceptable and that we were just being patient. You can be patient, but just do it a bit faster!! Move the ball with a bit of urgency even if you're not moving it forward quickly. You're never going to find gaps in a team if your side to side passing is done at such a pedestrian pace. I've run training sessions on defensive shape where I've had the attackers moving the ball faster than that.

We need a general. We need a leader who can rally the troops, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate the tempo. We were lacklustre last night, and whilst a point is better than a loss, Crawley should (and could) have been buried.

Highlight of the night was Dannie Bulman singing along to Oasis.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Sev13/9 13:27Wed Sep 13 13:27:06 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 372

I wasn't there yesterday so can't speak for how we played then, but comparing us to Lincoln on Saturday there was a stark contrast between us and them in style of play. It made us look like the passing side Sarll talks about. We may hit long balls at times but I certainly wouldn't characterise our style as that of hoofing.

I haven't gone away from a game this season (again I've only see us 3 times) thinking we were a long ball team.

By SFCfox13/9 11:02Wed Sep 13 11:02:08 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 454

Disagree about Toner and Vancooten. They did enough but wern't (in my opinion) a patch on Wilko with Franks.

By RockyBottom13/9 12:06Wed Sep 13 12:06:11 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 429

I agree, thought Franks was the best player out there last night, until he was subbed.

By Ratman4613/9 12:10Wed Sep 13 12:10:08 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 420

Hopefully the injury is minor and he's back Saturday.

By Ratman4613/9 08:57Wed Sep 13 08:57:36 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 532

I did enjoy the 10 yard passes sideways and then the inevitable hoof to their CB once space was closed down, no intensity in playing it forward on the deck.

Noticed the last 10 mins that Smith was the most advanced of our 2 CM's, which begs the question why was Pett our CDM at that point as he clearly isn't one and is played CM for his attacking abilities.

Same criticism start of last season, we had the purple patch then fell away at the end. Would I take that again, yes but its so frustrating.

Just hope we don't fall away after a good start, not sure this team would cope with a relegation battle, lack of leadership on the pitch has been highlighted elsewhere in this thread.

2 people like this 2 people   

By peanut13/9 08:59Wed Sep 13 08:59:26 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 543

Agreed - as others have written we're desperately short of leaders after losing Lee, Tonge, Schumacher all at once. I don't think the current team would have the bottle for a relegation battle

By Sev13/9 13:50Wed Sep 13 13:50:56 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 360

You win nothing with kids.

By peanut13/9 14:03Wed Sep 13 14:03:30 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 349

Not saying that at all but it must be tough to lose that much experience, plus the savvy that players like Wells had, in one go and replace it with mostly youth

By AgentEves13/9 09:22Wed Sep 13 09:22:16 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 524

If, for whatever reason, we found ourselves bottom 3/4 after Christmas (I don't think we will, we're better than that, but IF) then I would lump on for us to go down. Not being negative, but this team has no balls.

By BaldockBoro (Baldock)13/9 09:31Wed Sep 13 09:31:09 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 511

Nothing like an over reaction.

A. Its too early to know with some of the squad.

B. We haven't hit a prolonged rough patch yet so don't know how we'll cope as a squad.

C. We had balls to grind out a result with 10 men V Barnet just as an example.

Calm the fuck down peeps.

By Puds (Chuds)13/9 10:34Wed Sep 13 10:34:13 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 475

There are some appalling sides in this league. We are not one of them. We will be nowhere near a relegation battle.

We will be inconsistent, getting some great wins but dropping some awful points. We will play some great stuff and some turgid stuff. Much like last season.

We do desperately miss leadership in the middle of the pitch though, something I recall predicting we would all summer long.

By AgentEves13/9 09:54Wed Sep 13 09:54:12 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 490

It's not an overreaction. It's based on all but one performance we've seen this season.

In 4 out of the 7 games we've played, we've given up a winning position.

3-1 against Newport, drew 3-3.
1-0 against Colchester, drew 1-1.
1-0 against Lincoln, lost 2-1.
1-0 against Crawley, drew 1-1.

That's 9 points (!!). If we held onto all of those games (and lets face it, we were comfortable in all of them, it's not like we were clinging on for dear life when we went ahead) we would be 2 points clear at the top.

You might be able to give credit to some of those teams... or you could see a pattern emerging that we don't know how to close out games and we don't have the ruthlessness required to finish teams off. It's not a pre-season rustiness thing, either, because, Newport aside, the goals aren't coming right at the end of the game.

Edited by AgentEves at 09:56:19 on 13th September 2017

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Sev13/9 13:55Wed Sep 13 13:55:28 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 356

By your logic you'd be far happier had we gone behind and then come back to draw. I'm not bothered how we draw. Obviously a 94th minute equaliser feels better when you score it than when you concede it, but ultimately you go away with the same points.

At the end of the day the result is the same. Just shows we're a positive team that takes the game to the opposition rather than reacting to what they do.

By Ratman4613/9 14:47Wed Sep 13 14:47:34 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 336

We do take it to them until we score and thats whats hurting us at the minute, not either finishing teams off or seeing the game out.

Hopefully that will come.

By Ratman4613/9 09:48Wed Sep 13 09:48:21 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 496

PW mentioned that in his notes, said the Lincoln game was unacceptable as they showed all the traits we used to with desire, passion etc and our levels of everything they showed was unacceptable, did finish off we need to see more of what we saw at Barnet if we're going to do anything this season.

I do hope we're not starting that patch, then again might be a good thing to find out early in the season so we can do something about it if the squad can't cope.

By Jonnym813/9 08:21Wed Sep 13 08:21:24 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 562

We were making the same comment about the lack of leadership, particularly in the second half. Too many were waiting for some Be else to make something happen.

By AgentEves13/9 09:22Wed Sep 13 09:22:57 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 516

Trebs said this in the post match analysis. He said winners don't wait, and they were all stood there waiting for someone else to take over.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)13/9 06:34Wed Sep 13 06:34:28 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 622

At times in the second half - and when we had possession- it looked like we had a back six, with Smith and Pett sitting about two yards in front of Toner and TV.

By AgentEves13/9 07:49Wed Sep 13 07:49:27 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 570

Pett might as well have been in front of the TV for all the urgency he showed.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)13/9 06:39Wed Sep 13 06:39:47 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 612

Toner rhymes with boner. I made that joke up when he joined the club.up

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)13/9 06:41Wed Sep 13 06:41:57 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 611

Fucking plagiarist.

By Mercury 8812/9 23:38Tue Sep 12 23:38:02 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 705

I think once we have Jack King back we will see a massive improvement, but I won't slag Pett off to the ground as it's not his choice to play CM. I am hoping along with the majority of fans now that Sarll has finally woken up tonight and come to realize Pett is not a CM. I would give Conlon a chance there Saturday and put Pett on his natural left side.

Tactics

By Claret and Blue Boro13/9 05:57Wed Sep 13 05:57:16 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 635

We had one plan... lump it forward
Last 2 games we were poor 2nd half as the opponents neutralised our game and DS didn't have a clue

3 forwards were statues 2nd half
No midfielders
Good performances from 2 young lads and goalkeeper at the back
No balance as Henry can't get up and down the right
As below Pett is not a holding player
At fault for goal
Kennedy too greedy

Squad good and some good players in key positions
Need a manager that knows what his doing

Edited by Claret and Blue Boro at 05:58:20 on 13th September 2017

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:48Tue Sep 12 23:48:22 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 704

I really do think anybody expecting to see much of King this season is in for a disappointment.

By Ratman4613/9 08:16Wed Sep 13 08:16:18 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 557

Out nearly 5 months already with the same injury. Has he been injury prone elsewhere?

By AgentEves12/9 23:44Tue Sep 12 23:44:30 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 696

I get the impression Pett is asking to be played in the middle. Just a hunch. But I think he thinks he is far better than he actually is.

By AgentEves12/9 23:31Tue Sep 12 23:31:29 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 706

Fucking QPR (and us) let me down for £198.

By Dave (daveadkins)12/9 20:32Tue Sep 12 20:32:33 2017In response to The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 1172

Noncey sperm

1-1 FT

By Nick (Nick.)12/9 21:44Tue Sep 12 21:44:39 2017In response to Re: The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 1029

That was pretty tragic. Awful pass from Pett to gift them the equaliser. Couple of decent stops from Fryer, a few ballooned shots from Kennedy and nothing else really seemed to happen. Didn't even realise we were in injury time until the ref blew.

Obviously Newton's goal being the clear highlight of the night.

And the Oasis singalong on the ET was nice too. I enjoyed that a lot.

Edited by Nick. at 21:45:12 on 12th September 2017
Edited by Nick. at 21:45:41 on 12th September 2017

Re: 1-1 FT

By the boy jones12/9 22:46Tue Sep 12 22:46:14 2017In response to 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 813

Tragic is a bit harsh. First game of the season for me, but I thought we played some decent stuff and were easily the better team. I really like what Sarll is trying to do and we have some good technical players. Midfield is a bit lightweight, but the likes of Martin and Fryer will be up there with the best of them in this div. And Kennedy should easily be playing at a higher standard.

At the end of the day it's league 2 football. Few beers and an Oasis sing-a-long, I can't argue with that too much :)

By vinnyhen12/9 23:37Tue Sep 12 23:37:34 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 697

The first sensible comments on here for a long time.....please come back again.

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:32Tue Sep 12 23:32:25 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 718

'And Kennedy should easily be playing at a higher standard.'

Even I could boot the ball out of the ground every time I got it.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SFC George13/9 11:28Wed Sep 13 11:28:07 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 453

His passing is so utterly tragic I can see why he shoots from 30 yards every time.

By Cruffers13/9 12:40Wed Sep 13 12:40:21 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 410

I disagree. He did a couple of superb cross field passes last night.

By Copeysaurus13/9 13:15Wed Sep 13 13:15:24 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 376

Agreed, only player who was trying to distribute the ball quickly for the last 20 odd minutes and after some of the goals he's scored he has every right to take long shots.

By Goolies13/9 13:07Wed Sep 13 13:07:05 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 388

Speaking of great passes, Beautyman sprayed a couple of lovely long passes out last night. Certainly starting to see the best of him.

By Copeysaurus13/9 13:15Wed Sep 13 13:15:55 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 378

Agreed, which frustrates me even more seeing him out wide, looks a tidy player.

By Cruffers13/9 13:14Wed Sep 13 13:14:49 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 375

He was another of my positives last night. Yes great passing and superb work rate. A very intelligent player. However, I still maintain that he's wasted out wide. I thought it was a mistake subbing him. I'd have subbed Pett and the put Beautyman in the middle with Kennedy out wide.

By peanut13/9 14:02Wed Sep 13 14:02:04 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 347

I think everyone in the ground apart from Sarll would have done that too

By Ratman4613/9 14:55Wed Sep 13 14:55:59 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 334

Agree but i think DS was protecting Pett by not taking him off, with the moans and groans during the game from the crowd it could have been one of those subs were the supporters cheer. Not good for either player or manager.

By Cruffers13/9 15:02Wed Sep 13 15:02:49 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 334

So he'd rather not win by just protecting a player? Not a chance.

By Ratman4613/9 15:50Wed Sep 13 15:50:54 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 306

If he wanted to win he wouldn't have started him CM :-)

By Puds (Chuds)13/9 15:01Wed Sep 13 15:01:28 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 327

Make your bed, lie in it.

By Ratman4612/9 21:57Tue Sep 12 21:57:29 2017In response to 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 987

Not blaming Pett for the goal, that's all on DS's shoulders, he's doing Pett no favours by continuing to play him CM.

Great goal, very ordinary game apart from the good save from Samuels shot at the end which was the only highlight in the second half.

Oh and credit needs to be given to Toner, played well tonight after a shaky game Saturday. VC looked descent as well when he came on.

Edited by Ratman46 at 21:57:55 on 12th September 2017
Edited by Ratman46 at 22:17:17 on 12th September 2017

By Deltic 2112/9 23:52Tue Sep 12 23:52:29 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 676

Even though Pett was initially responsible for giving the ball away so cheaply, I was still screaming at the defenders immediately afterwards to close them down, stop the attack, atone for Pett's mistake, don't let them get the shot away because...!

Oh, they've scored...

By Borobubbles12/9 22:46Tue Sep 12 22:46:24 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 789

2 home games and 1 point out of 6, got to improve.

By Goolies12/9 22:51Tue Sep 12 22:51:50 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 775

On the other hand, two away games, six points and two clean sheets though.

Agree that we need improvement at home, but we can't win every game. We'll win games that we're not expected to this season as well. These things often balance out. We're not a million miles away either.

By AgentEves12/9 22:55Tue Sep 12 22:55:11 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 774

One of which was a scraped 1-0 win against fucking Cheltenham.

You're right, we can't win every game, but we should be beating shit like Crawley with their shit midfield (no offence to Bully, he's just very old). We may win games we weren't expecting to, but they should be bonus points, not making up for points we shouldn't have dropped in the first place.

Edited by AgentEves at 22:56:50 on 12th September 2017

By Sev12/9 23:02Tue Sep 12 23:02:10 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 746

we should be beating shit like Crawley

They probably say the same about us. The likes of Cambridge, Oxford and York used to.

By AgentEves12/9 23:06Tue Sep 12 23:06:59 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 730

Because their team is shit.

Not because of the size of their club or because they are Crawley.

By Goolies12/9 22:56Tue Sep 12 22:56:53 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 775

What do you want, a 10-0 win every week or something?

I'd also like to point out that Cheltenham actually gave us a pretty tough game. One of the best teams we've played this season.

Edited by Goolies at 22:58:36 on 12th September 2017

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:37Tue Sep 12 23:37:37 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 692

I can promise you right now that Cheltenham will be finishing in the bottom six this season.

By Goolies12/9 23:39Tue Sep 12 23:39:03 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 686

Quite possibly, but that doesn't mean they should have immediately rolled over for us.

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:47Tue Sep 12 23:47:58 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 675

Yeah they should :o).

By Goolies12/9 23:49Tue Sep 12 23:49:58 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 670

Oooh kinky...

By Deano (deanos13)13/9 01:27Wed Sep 13 01:27:09 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 642

Bottom 6 is being kind.

By AgentEves12/9 22:59Tue Sep 12 22:59:43 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 757

Don't be a dickhead. Clearly I'm not expecting we will win 10-0 every week, but losing games because of shit player selection and an inability to change the game is frustrating.

Crawley were dogshit. Absolutely terrible. They had zero standout players. We should have put them to the sword after the first half and we, once again, just rolled over and got fucked up the arse.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, and I know you're trying to be positive, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. We should have won tonight, and we've dropped two points.

By Goolies12/9 23:10Tue Sep 12 23:10:39 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 729

I'm just confused as to what you expect. When we do win, it's dismissed as "only Cheltenham" and when we don't it's "we should be beating shit like that".

We've started the season better than most of us would have expected, but this place reads as if we've lost every game!

By AgentEves12/9 23:19Tue Sep 12 23:19:31 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 715

The difference between you and I is that I have expectations whereas seemingly you're just happy if we don't get beaten every week.

By Goolies12/9 23:25Tue Sep 12 23:25:38 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 699

That's not the case at all. I just don't think a draw against Crawley is as apocalyptic as some on here are making out. I prefer focusing on the positives and letting the team worry about the negatives, but that's just me.

By AgentEves12/9 23:32Tue Sep 12 23:32:17 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 689

Who says it's apocalyptic?

It was a shit result. But no-one died.

You confuse me speaking passionately for me being really angry.

Edited by AgentEves at 23:33:12 on 12th September 2017

By Goolies12/9 23:35Tue Sep 12 23:35:30 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 685

You use hyperbole a lot, so why can't I?

By AgentEves12/9 23:46Tue Sep 12 23:46:25 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 669

Because yours doesn't make sense?!

Why would you want to exaggerate someone else's opinion?

By Goolies12/9 23:49Tue Sep 12 23:49:24 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 668

Because I think some people on here are overreacting.

May as well just agree to disagree at this point. I'll shut up and stop being a 'dickhead' now...

By AgentEves12/9 23:52Tue Sep 12 23:52:36 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

A wise choice.

By AgentEves12/9 23:15Tue Sep 12 23:15:32 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 729

I expect us to beat Cheltenham because they are a poor team down the bottom. I expect us to beat Crawley because they are a poor team down the bottom.

If we had drawn tonight against a good team, like Exeter, Luton etc, then I'd have said I'm happy with a point. Drawing 1-1 away at Exeter is more of an achievement than winning 1-0 away at Cheltenham. Beating Cheltenham is meeting expectations, drawing away at Exeter is exceeding them.

Beating Cheltenham doesn't mean it's ok to draw with Crawley and lose to Lincoln. A draw against Lincoln would have been acceptable because they're a tough side. A draw against Crawley isn't because they are abysmal.

Every game isn't the same. We play shit teams and we play good teams. I expect us to beat the shit teams, and am happy if we can nick a few points of the bigger/better teams. I'm happy with upper-mid table, but I expect that we get to mid table because we've dropped points against the top teams, not because we dropped points against dross.

Edited by AgentEves at 23:21:04 on 12th September 2017
Edited by AgentEves at 23:21:29 on 12th September 2017
Edited by AgentEves at 23:21:56 on 12th September 2017

By Sev12/9 22:59Tue Sep 12 22:59:04 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 740

They'd still find something to moan about.

By Borobubbles12/9 22:47Tue Sep 12 22:47:36 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 771

Sorry 2 points

By Sev12/9 22:49Tue Sep 12 22:49:26 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 759

You were right the first time. 1 point.

By Borobubbles12/9 22:52Tue Sep 12 22:52:38 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 758

Thanks sev I've lost it

PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

By worrier12/9 22:24Tue Sep 12 22:24:57 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 927

When will Saryll learn, was to blame for there goal and got caught out time and time again

the only grace is that Gorman will be back on Saturday and being Sarylls favorite player (apart from Pett) will replace Pett

Re: PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER

By Cruffers12/9 22:44Tue Sep 12 22:44:46 2017In response to PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 799

No, Gorman will replace Beautyman y unfortunately.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)12/9 22:28Tue Sep 12 22:28:23 2017In response to PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 858

Rubbish. I was watching Pett and he looked excited. And he's better than Greg Tansey. Consequently, he should be the first name on the team sheet.

By AgentEves12/9 22:49Tue Sep 12 22:49:15 2017In response to Re: PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 778

I'm surprised Juve haven't called. He's the obvious replacement for Pirlo.

By Ratman4612/9 22:58Tue Sep 12 22:58:58 2017In response to Re: PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 750

They did, couldn't agree personal terms.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)12/9 22:52Tue Sep 12 22:52:48 2017In response to Re: PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 766

Skilful players like Pett shouldn't be playing centre midfield. The game just passes them by. Look at Cameron McGeehan and Luke Berry. Oh wait....

By Nick (Nick.)12/9 22:54Tue Sep 12 22:54:29 2017In response to Re: PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 758

Berry always plays the CAM role, where most people have said they'd be happy to see Pett. McGeehan hasn't been seen for about a year, but he's more solid than Pett anyway.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)12/9 22:59Tue Sep 12 22:59:42 2017In response to Re: PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 747

Fair point about Berry.

By Ratman4612/9 22:28Tue Sep 12 22:28:04 2017In response to PETT IS NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERTop of thread

Views: 842

You watch Smith get dropped for Gorman 😂

By RockyBottom12/9 22:20Tue Sep 12 22:20:55 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 874

TV should start at rb IMO.

I love Ronnie, a true Boro legend, but he struggles to get forward now and certainly isn't a captain, something which was badly missing tonight.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Deano (deanos13)13/9 01:32Wed Sep 13 01:32:21 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 645

Can TV get forward?

By AgentEves12/9 22:54Tue Sep 12 22:54:12 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 750

I said that too (sort of) in so much as saying that we seriously lacked a leader tonight.

I'm not even going to slag off Pett. If Sarll can't see it after that game then he never will.

Btw, the question about naivity in the post match interview was world class. Amazing work in slagging off Pett to Sarll without being obvious. I don't even think Sarll realised that's what was being done and he walked right into it. Unless of course it was accidental and I'm giving out too much credit!!

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:51Tue Sep 12 23:51:10 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Yep, we were saying that too.

Once Fraser went off there was nobody on that pitch remotely close to a leader. Our only two experienced heads out there were Ronnie and Whelps, neither of them are vocal or leaders on the pitch. We were passing it around with a really slow tempo with ten mins left at home to a really poor side and there was nobody encouraging us or trying to get them to up the game or the tempo. Nothing. It was like a PSF.

Dare I say it, not for the first time this season at all, but we really really missed a player like, oh I dunno, Charlie Lee, out there tonight.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)12/9 22:29Tue Sep 12 22:29:54 2017In response to Re: 1-1 FTTop of thread

Views: 818

Terry Venables?

1-0 Boro

By AgentEves12/9 20:31Tue Sep 12 20:31:07 2017In response to The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 1133

Newton

Re: 1-1

By AgentEves12/9 20:57Tue Sep 12 20:57:17 2017In response to 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1075

Not even a hospital ball from Pett... it was about 10 yards short. Horrendous.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))12/9 21:02Tue Sep 12 21:02:36 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 1060

You should try a different approach, then he might drop him...

By AgentEves12/9 21:10Tue Sep 12 21:10:37 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 1024

I actually cba anymore.

He's been dogshit, again, against a shit midfield and yet he is still on he pitch.

What the fuck Conlon has to do I have no idea.

By Ratman4612/9 21:19Tue Sep 12 21:19:44 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 999

Yep, wasting your time.

Re: 1-0 Boro

By Mercury 8812/9 20:38Tue Sep 12 20:38:22 2017In response to 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1112

Sounds as if we've been all over Crawley like a rash and have had a few fair chances to put the game to bed.

Nice to see Newton on the score sheet again.

By AgentEves12/9 20:47Tue Sep 12 20:47:49 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1048

I would say that. We've had the best chances but haven't been stringing many passes together. Been a bit smash and grab

But it doesn't matter how we win as long as we do.

By Copeysaurus12/9 20:40Tue Sep 12 20:40:48 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1076

Plenty of half chances.

Seeeerious goal from Newton on his left foot as well. What a signing.

By AgentEves12/9 20:46Tue Sep 12 20:46:06 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1044

"On his left foot as well"

He's left footed!!

By Nick (Nick.)12/9 20:47Tue Sep 12 20:47:00 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1040

Ha! Actually took me a couple of games to work that out, he does seem pretty able on his right foot too tbf.

By AgentEves12/9 20:48Tue Sep 12 20:48:24 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1042

I don't think there's much he's not good at.

By Lock1312/9 20:53Tue Sep 12 20:53:40 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1031

What happened at the 'Rumble in the Jungle' ? thought you'd be in Lister by now

By AgentEves12/9 20:57Tue Sep 12 20:57:36 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

He couldn't knock out a wank.

Plus he's bottled it and sat in the West with his gf ;)

Edited by AgentEves at 20:58:44 on 12th September 2017

By Lock1312/9 21:00Tue Sep 12 21:00:06 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1017

He's got a girlfriend ? glad I got home late and went straight to the Kebab shop now . Still least Pett bossing it again - not

Edited by Lock13 at 21:01:10 on 12th September 2017

By Nick (Nick.)12/9 20:59Tue Sep 12 20:59:14 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1014

Oh he can. Before every game, apparently.

By AgentEves12/9 21:01Tue Sep 12 21:01:18 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1006

Terrible analogy tbf...!!

By Dave (daveadkins)12/9 20:52Tue Sep 12 20:52:43 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Blow jobs?

By RockyBottom12/9 20:42Tue Sep 12 20:42:15 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1065

Great save from Fryer just before as well.

We are kinda leaving one up from corners now even if it is Newton, a player you think would be one of the stronger and better in the air!

By Nick (Nick.)12/9 20:45Tue Sep 12 20:45:35 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1045

Fantastic save from Fryer before hand, but what a goal from Newton! Just kept going and even though the keeper got a touch, snuck in off the post. Camera work has been shit so barely been able to see how the game is playing out. Ref stepping on their player also a highlight.

By Sev12/9 20:39Tue Sep 12 20:39:39 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1078

Sounds a lot like the Lincoln game where we led 1-0....

By Dave (daveadkins)12/9 20:32Tue Sep 12 20:32:46 2017In response to 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1097

Noncey sperm

By wgcboro12/9 20:56Tue Sep 12 20:56:26 2017In response to Re: 1-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 1058

I was on the fence with Pett. Until now.

By Nick (Nick.)12/9 20:58Tue Sep 12 20:58:09 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 1055

Yup. Knew what would happen if that went in. Hopefully that finally inspired DS to change it.

By RockyBottom12/9 22:09Tue Sep 12 22:09:35 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 904

Costs us every week. If DS can't see it he needs to go.

Crawley were dogshit, one of the worst League Two side I can remember seeing. Literally offered nothing.

We should have had 6 points from this week, we got 1. Crawley could have easily nicked it a couple of times at the end as well :/

Edited by RockyBottom at 22:11:11 on 12th September 2017
Edited by RockyBottom at 22:12:48 on 12th September 2017
Edited by RockyBottom at 22:21:42 on 12th September 2017

By AgentEves12/9 23:05Tue Sep 12 23:05:33 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 730

Agree, although I think the first sentence might be a bit extreme. (That being said, Sarll's persistence with Pett does make me question his ability to judge a player's strengths, weaknesses and performances).

I have no idea why Conlon didn't come on today. After Pett gave the ball away, he was basically just walking around. He should have been hooked but I don't think Sarll wants to admit he's wrong since he's had so much criticism for it.

I thought when that cross went in towards the end, their bloke was gonna bury it. He probably should have but I don't think he was expecting it to reach him.

You're spot on though, Crawley are TERRIBLE. And yet they almost beat us because Sarll doesn't know how to change a game. Their midfield was there for the taking and we just didn't look remotely capable of exploiting it.

I never actually thought I'd ever say I'm glad to see Gorman back.

By Puds (Chuds)12/9 23:47Tue Sep 12 23:47:30 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 671

My dad came along tonight. He comes to all our home midweek games and a few Satdis during a season.

His main two comments tonight were how he doesn't understand why Pett played CM as he is totally wasted there and that he cannot believe that Sarll didn't alter his tactics at all during the game today.

Strange that.

By Goolies12/9 22:54Tue Sep 12 22:54:08 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 748

Sarll does not need to go. Grow up.

By RockyBottom13/9 11:20Wed Sep 13 11:20:41 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 439

Just to clarify, I didn't mean now, I meant in 6 months time if lessons still aren't being learnt, then questions do need to be asked.

By Goolies13/9 11:22Wed Sep 13 11:22:08 2017In response to Re: 1-1Top of thread

Views: 440

Fair enough, but I think that's a big if.

By Owen12/9 20:30Tue Sep 12 20:30:40 2017In response to The Thread That Shan't Be NamedTop of thread

Views: 1124

I'm just glad you're okay.

Previous thread: Attendance by Sev13/9 22:36Wed Sep 13 22:36:24 2017view thread