Thoughts on saturday
Consistency is key in football, something that we've lacked heavily this season, every time we win and put a really promising performance together, the week after we're back to route one again. What I can I say about Saturday? I thought we played some good football, should've definitely at least come away with a point IMO, but I thought we lacked firepower up top, Revell was a big miss. 2 silly goals conceded once again, 2 very avoidable goals, but unfortunately it's not going our way away from home this season. My big problem is the amount of losses that could have so easily been draws, if we're not going to win, at least take a point. Just 6 more draws would have us on 48 points in along with the pack above us, very dissapointing.
Puds made a very good stat yesterday, since Crewe we've collected 21 points from 72, that's abysmal, god knows how Darren has kept his job. The way I look at things now is, we've got a 12 point gap, with results in these important back to back home matches probably keeps us safe from the bottom two, we're not going down. I really think it's all about concentrating on trying to build some good results and performances in the last 11 so we can start looking to build for next season. Players such as Wilmot, McKee etc getting as many games under their belts, so come next season, we've got a team with experience.
Could you imagine where we'd be if we didn't pick up 21 points from the first 11 games, we'd be fucked... Thank god.
Edited by Boromatt at 23:46:43 on 25th February 2018
Next article in this thread: Re: Thoughts on saturday by David Brent26/2 09:42Mon Feb 26 09:42:01 2018
- Thoughts on saturday by Boromatt25/2 23:44Sun Feb 25 23:44:30 2018view thread
- Re: Thoughts on saturday by David Brent26/2 09:42Mon Feb 26 09:42:01 2018 3 people
- Re: Thoughts on saturday by Cruffers26/2 10:06Mon Feb 26 10:06:35 2018 1 person
- Re: Thoughts on saturday by Ratman4626/2 08:09Mon Feb 26 08:09:54 2018 4 people
- Re: Thoughts on saturday by Deano26/2 12:39Mon Feb 26 12:39:15 2018
- Re: Thoughts on saturday by Ratman4626/2 13:30Mon Feb 26 13:30:03 2018