Thoughts, stats and review
A long drive back with yet again no points accumilated, it's becoming a bit of a joke to be honest, IMO you could clearly see that the 4-4-2 formation wasn't strong enough in terms of the defensive unit. Even when we took the lead last night, I didn't feel comfortable with us at the back and honestly felt like we were going to concede any minute. Time and time again this season the wrong tactics have cost us so many points on the road, too many goals have been conceded and not enough experience has played. Honestly, I thought there were too many youngsters in the starting 11 last night, I understand Smith was injured, but Luke Amos (who I thought played well) and McKee aren't strong players in terms of their experience and physicality and shouldn't be played together. One has to be played with an experienced pro instead of both in the middle. Poor management. We all know that defensively Kenners isn't the best, especially away from home, poor management. To still push 2 up top when we went down to 10 men, poor management. Why didn't we try and consolidate for big period of time after the sending off? We had the goal up, we didn't need to go chasing the ball everywhere. Okay, i thought referee was shocking last night, the sending off was a joke, Wilko clearly got barged for a blatent pen which was turned away and his decisions within the match weren't great, but the lack of professional application from Darren was the main reason why we let vital points slip from our grasp once again. What the annoying thing is, we have a very good group of players, players from League One, players that have come from the non league to stamp their authority in the pro ranks I.e Matty Godden and Danny Newton. If our players played with the right tactics, we would be top 10, no doubt.
Here's some stats from the past 5 months:
From the first 11 matches of the season we picked up 21 points, since Crewe away we've picked up a dreadful 18 points from a possible 66! That's sack worthy form. Thank god for the form at the start of the season, or we would be in the right shitter. Again, since Crewe we've conceded 36 goals from 22 matches, 26 of them coming away from home.
Stats don't lie, you can clearly see that whatever tactics we set out in away matches doesn't work, we concede too many goals and that's down to this 4-4-2, open attacking game that Darren wants to play. What annoys me, is that he owes us supporters a bit of pride by changing the application that he sets out the team with, then if it doesn't work, then fair fucking play. But to play the same tactics, with the same style of football every bloody week is a shambles.
Thoroughly enjoyed the day yesterday, a day out in bath with the misses was certainly the main highlight than the dross on show away from home. Saturday I believe is the biggest match of the season to date in terms off needing a desperate 3 points, getting us over that 40 point mark. I think the overall review, is we're going stay up, but fuck me Darren, at least put a good footballing show on.
Edited by Boromatt at 10:10:19 on 14th February 2018
10 people 1 person
Next article in this thread: Re: Thoughts, stats and review by BaldockBoro14/2 10:26Wed Feb 14 10:26:32 2018
- Thoughts, stats and review by Boromatt14/2 10:06Wed Feb 14 10:06:03 2018 10 people 1 personview thread
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by BaldockBoro14/2 10:26Wed Feb 14 10:26:32 2018 1 person
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Deano14/2 13:16Wed Feb 14 13:16:27 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Puds14/2 13:44Wed Feb 14 13:44:22 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Deano14/2 17:53Wed Feb 14 17:53:37 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Puds14/2 19:13Wed Feb 14 19:13:38 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by BaldockBoro14/2 10:22Wed Feb 14 10:22:49 2018 8 people
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Lops14/2 10:25Wed Feb 14 10:25:43 2018 4 people
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Richie Rich C14/2 17:58Wed Feb 14 17:58:24 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Lops14/2 22:03Wed Feb 14 22:03:00 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Lock1314/2 19:26Wed Feb 14 19:26:54 2018
- Re: Thoughts, stats and review by Puds14/2 19:36Wed Feb 14 19:36:00 2018 1 person