A fabulous result today, in my opinion probably the most important win of the season so far, another bad result and I honestly thought Darren would've lost his job. The home form is something to be impressed about, 6 wins and 5 draws, 23 points earnt at home and unbeaten at home since October, very impressive!
At one point it all started to slip away again, going 1-0 down, seeing the players reactions, I thought here we go again. But, the players showed some bollocks and heart, created 2 really well worked goals to take the lead going into half time and then in the second, we had to dig deep at times, but scored 2 really good goals, great work from Danny and Tom for the goals at the end. Playing that 4-3-3 formation is something we can get away with at home, with 3 attacking players such as Matty, Danny and Kenners on our smaller pitch, they really do put back lines under a lot of pressure and with their speed, strength and skill will create and score goals.
I thought we got caught at the back a few times with something that's been mentioned quite a few times over Christmas, speed. It's a work in progress and I really think Wilko should be back there with Fraser. I thought the middle 3 worked hard all game, had to really battle at times and overall did a really good job IMO. Even Fryer having his best game in a Boro shirt!
A fantastic win, 15th, 33 points and 13 points clear of the drop is a really nice, comfortable position to be in January, credit to the players and really happy for Darren to get that win under his belt too. Hopefully a turning point in our season, where we can turn our away form around and keep this consistent run at home going. Bring on The FA Cup next week, a nice break from the league and with our home form you never know what could happen next weekend! Lovely stuff!!
Edited by Boromatt at 23:18:40 on 1st January 2018
4 people 6 people
Next article in this thread: Re: Turning point? by Copeysaurus2/1 18:36Tue Jan 2 18:36:21 2018
- Turning point? by Boromatt1/1 23:16Mon Jan 1 23:16:51 2018 4 people 6 peopleview thread
- Re: Turning point? by Copeysaurus2/1 18:36Tue Jan 2 18:36:21 2018 1 person
- Re: Turning point? by Pete2/1 22:22Tue Jan 2 22:22:09 2018 1 person
- Re: Turning point? by BaldockBoro2/1 22:40Tue Jan 2 22:40:47 2018
- Re: Turning point? by Deltic 213/1 18:11Wed Jan 3 18:11:52 2018
- Re: Turning point? by BaldockBoro2/1 19:10Tue Jan 2 19:10:10 2018
- Re: Turning point? by Jonnym82/1 18:26Tue Jan 2 18:26:20 2018 1 person
- Re: Turning point? by Owen2/1 17:59Tue Jan 2 17:59:52 2018 4 people
- Re: Turning point? by Tucks2/1 13:50Tue Jan 2 13:50:26 2018 3 people
- Re: Turning point? by Cruffers2/1 10:14Tue Jan 2 10:14:15 2018 1 person
- Re: Turning point? by Sev2/1 13:22Tue Jan 2 13:22:40 2018 1 person
- Re: Turning point? by Borobubbles1/1 23:47Mon Jan 1 23:47:09 2018
- Re: Turning point? by On me 'ead2/1 10:48Tue Jan 2 10:48:27 2018 1 person
- Re: Turning point? by vinnyhen1/1 23:28Mon Jan 1 23:28:16 2018
- Re: Turning point? by Puds1/1 23:42Mon Jan 1 23:42:15 2018